Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTISSN Conference 2015
Hey Dr Stevenson!

Were you at the conference in Tampa this weekend? I couldn't believe how much of the new research supported tenants of FT. The stuff on training frequency and intra set stretching was awesome.

Dr. Wilson's research regarding the ability to build muscle/lose fat while following a ketogenic diet was also very interesting. Do you think it would be possible to use FT while following a keto diet?

-Joe

(02-24-2015, 10:25 AM)jmoney18 Wrote: Hey Dr Stevenson!

Were you at the conference in Tampa this weekend? I couldn't believe how much of the new research supported tenants of FT. The stuff on training frequency and intra set stretching was awesome.

Dr. Wilson's research regarding the ability to build muscle/lose fat while following a ketogenic diet was also very interesting. Do you think it would be possible to use FT while following a keto diet?

-Joe

Hey Joe!

Yes, I was there, but Saturday only, so I missed Dr. Wilson's stuff on Friday. (I'd seen him give the same lecture a few weeks prior and know a bit about what he's got going on there.)

You could give it a try, but my experience tells me that you'd want to have some peri-workout carbs in the mix, TBH. I'm saying this b/c of having tried pretty much every variation on a CKD that I could come up with and knowing FT.

When I've dieted down using FT in the past, I would likely go into ketosis, but was still including peri-WO carbohydrate. (Sometimes, I'd not take in carbs during a Day 3 workout if using the basic Version, as legs, or at least thighs are a relative strong point.)

I'm not a big fan of training the same muscle group a second time without taking in some carbohydrate.

The exception to the above might be if you've dropped to Tier I perhaps for a few weeks time, but overall, a higher volume Tier FT approach with a full Keto diet w/o carb-ups is going to mean performance decrements int the gym, which isn't going to bode well for keeping, much less retaining muscle mass.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.