Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping Too Much Weight
Finished first week on FT today.
Loving it so far. !

Question is this.
I started last week at 204 lbs dry morning weight.
This morning I was 200lbs.
Be great if I wanted to loose, but I'm looking to gain size, try to keep fat at a minimum, but gain.

Using FT diet recommendations which looks like this :
Training day
Meal 1 50 protein 20/30 fat.
Peri shake 25 protein, 50 carb, BCAA, creatine
Post Meal 50 protein, 150 carbs
Meal 3 50 protein, 100 carb
Meal 4 50 protein, 100 carb
Meal 5 50 protein , 20/30 fat
Meal 6 50 protein, 20/30 fat

Non training days
All meals protein and fat, 2 meals have added veggies and some fruit for carbs.

Where should I make changes to get the scale moving up not down?
Thanks for any suggestions
(03-01-2015, 07:48 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Finished first week on FT today.
Loving it so far. !

Question is this.
I started last week at 204 lbs dry morning weight.
This morning I was 200lbs.
Be great if I wanted to loose, but I'm looking to gain size, try to keep fat at a minimum, but gain.

Using FT diet recommendations which looks like this :
Training day
Meal 1 50 protein 20/30 fat.
Peri shake 25 protein, 50 carb, BCAA, creatine
Post Meal 50 protein, 150 carbs
Meal 3 50 protein, 100 carb
Meal 4 50 protein, 100 carb
Meal 5 50 protein , 20/30 fat
Meal 6 50 protein, 20/30 fat

Non training days
All meals protein and fat, 2 meals have added veggies and some fruit for carbs.

Where should I make changes to get the scale moving up not down?
Thanks for any suggestions

Hey Fireguy,

So take this anecdotal and from just your run of the mill gym rat. But I ran into the same issue when I started FT. Though I didn't drop 4 pounds the first week!! So to get the scale moving forward I first added carbs in slowly in my periwork out and first post work out meal. That helped for a bit, but weight leveled off when I jumped up a tier volume, so I added some fats on my off days, that helped again, and then finally I went back and added more carbs. That's got me steadily gaining through this entire 2nd blast. I'd make small jumps (maybe 5% of your weekly calories) at a time and see where that puts you.
(03-01-2015, 08:41 PM)Altamir Wrote: Hey Fireguy,

So take this anecdotal and from just your run of the mill gym rat. But I ran into the same issue when I started FT. Though I didn't drop 4 pounds the first week!! So to get the scale moving forward I first added carbs in slowly in my periwork out and first post work out meal. That helped for a bit, but weight leveled off when I jumped up a tier volume, so I added some fats on my off days, that helped again, and then finally I went back and added more carbs. That's got me steadily gaining through this entire 2nd blast. I'd make small jumps (maybe 5% of your weekly calories) at a time and see where that puts you.

This is a great answer.

I'd also pay attention to your hunger levels and add food when you're hungry or find that a meal is less filling then others. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks fellas!