Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to FT - Trying to digest and create my masterpiece!
Hey guys,

I've been slowly digesting the book. It's pretty damn clever.
Anyway, I am going to start Tier I - Basic Version. I am creating a 3 week variation as suggested A,B&C. If I outline the first week, could someone look over it and say if I am in the right direction?

Day 1
LOAD:
1 x Back Squat
1 x Leg Ext
1 x Laying Ham Curl
1 x Adductor Machine (10-15 reps to failure)
2 x Standing Calf
PUMP:
1 x Machine Press Then straight to 1 x Lat Pulldown
1 x Machine Shoulder Press Then straight to 1 x Cable Crunch Abs
1 x EZ Curl Then straight to 1 x 'V' Bar Pushdown

Day 2
LOAD:
1 x Close Grip Row
1 x Flat Bench
1 x Close Grip Row (zigzagged from first 2)
1 x Seated DBell Press
PUMP:
1 x 45degree Leg Press
1 x Seated Ham (cause hams weaker than quads)
1 x Seated Calf

Day 3 - OFF

Day 4
1 x MR. Smith Squat
1 x P. Leg Ext
1 x P. Laying Ham Curl
1 x MR. Standing Calf
1 x P. Cable Straight Bar Curl

Day 5 - OFF

Day 6
1 x MR. Palms facing together pulldown
1 x MR. Cable Row
1 x MR. Smith Press
1 x MR. Barbell Press
1 x MR. Scull Crusher
1 x MR. Cable Crunch Abs

Hope the above isn't too far away from what right?

A couple of questions is possible:
* I am confused about what to take to failure and what to end just before.?
*Does it matter if the same exercise is used on the PUMP as I did on the LOAD ex. Loading flat bench on Monday then pumping flat bench Wednesday?
*If on the loading set, the adductor machine isn't quite heavy enough should I play around with variations to that exercise ex DC style or eccentric?

I am sure there will be more questions to come! Thanks for now!

(11-19-2015, 08:03 AM)jared Wrote: Hey guys,

I've been slowly digesting the book. It's pretty damn clever.
Anyway, I am going to start Tier I - Basic Version. I am creating a 3 week variation as suggested A,B&C. If I outline the first week, could someone look over it and say if I am in the right direction?

Day 1
LOAD:
1 x Back Squat
1 x Leg Ext
1 x Laying Ham Curl
1 x Adductor Machine (10-15 reps to failure)
2 x Standing Calf
PUMP:
1 x Machine Press Then straight to 1 x Lat Pulldown
1 x Machine Shoulder Press Then straight to 1 x Cable Crunch Abs
1 x EZ Curl Then straight to 1 x 'V' Bar Pushdown

Day 2
LOAD:
1 x Close Grip Row
1 x Flat Bench
1 x Close Grip Row (zigzagged from first 2)
1 x Seated DBell Press
PUMP:
1 x 45degree Leg Press
1 x Seated Ham (cause hams weaker than quads)
1 x Seated Calf

Day 3 - OFF

Day 4
1 x MR. Smith Squat
1 x P. Leg Ext
1 x P. Laying Ham Curl
1 x MR. Standing Calf
1 x P. Cable Straight Bar Curl

Day 5 - OFF

Day 6
1 x MR. Palms facing together pulldown
1 x MR. Cable Row
1 x MR. Smith Press
1 x MR. Barbell Press
1 x MR. Scull Crusher
1 x MR. Cable Crunch Abs

Hope the above isn't too far away from what right?

OK, a few things.

See the Loading Set practical examples on p. 89.

You'll need three groupings (A, B and C) of Loading Sets, too.

You won't be zig-zagging in Tier I except for Thigh, calf and back exercises, and these are simply putting the sets in series (with a given rest interval), and not truly zig zagging back to the same compound exercise.

For upper body loading sets, you zig zag Back Thickness and Width (1:30 rest; 1 set each) and then are done with back. After that, you move to chest and warm up to 1 loading set, taking as much time as you need. And then to delts, warming up and taking as long as needed to be ready for that Loading set.

You will NOT try to do do (Heavy) Loading sets for Back, chest and delts right in a row (with 1:30 rest). (That wouldn't be safe w/o interceding warm-ups and it would not be practical at all in most gym settings.)

(Id didn't look much at the Muscle Rounds. You largely figure those out on the fly.
-------------

Quote:A couple of questions is possible:
* I am confused about what to take to failure and what to end just before.?
*Does it matter if the same exercise is used on the PUMP as I did on the LOAD ex. Loading flat bench on Monday then pumping flat bench Wednesday?
*If on the loading set, the adductor machine isn't quite heavy enough should I play around with variations to that exercise ex DC style or eccentric?

I am sure there will be more questions to come! Thanks for now!

• Just take the last compound Loading set (and each isolation if you are using a Tier where you have them and its safe to do so) to failure. Since in Tier I, you mostly do just one set, this is your last one, so you take it to failure if its safe to do so.

• Vary your exercises across set types. (See p. 51).

• The adductor sets are done as DC style rest-pause. (I don't know what you mean by "or eccentric.") You can add weight to most machines, too (pin a plate to the stack) or do unilateral adductor work (just alternate legs continuously). Also search here for the other adductor exercises (using cross-cables) that I've described.

(Do you know that you can already do more than 15 reps with the full stack?... It's OK to work up to higher reps on that exercise, as many folks are prone to adductor pulls, so this keeps you safer, IMO.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-19-2015, 09:24 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You won't be zig-zagging in Tier I except for Thigh, calf and back exercises, and these are simply putting the sets in series (with a given rest interval), and not truly zig zagging back to the same compound exercise.

For upper body loading sets, you zig zag Back Thickness and Width (1:30 rest; 1 set each) and then are done with back. After that, you move to chest and warm up to 1 loading set, taking as much time as you need. And then to delts, warming up and taking as long as needed to be ready for that Loading set.

You will NOT try to do do (Heavy) Loading sets for Back, chest and delts right in a row (with 1:30 rest). (That wouldn't be safe w/o interceding warm-ups and it would not be practical at all in most gym settings.)

Really helpful reply Scott, thank you. I get it.
Warm up Back - Back thickness - Back Width - Stretch Back
Warm up Chest - Chest set - Stretch chest
Warm up Delts..............

Pump sets - aim for machines/cables for the most part.
MRs - As long as its rackable...
Go by feel when it comes to exercise choice on these.

hmmm, I think I might have it lol
(11-19-2015, 10:00 AM)jared Wrote: Really helpful reply Scott, thank you. I get it.
Warm up Back - Back thickness - Back Width - Stretch Back
Warm up Chest - Chest set - Stretch chest
Warm up Delts..............

Pump sets - aim for machines/cables for the most part.
MRs - As long as its rackable...
Go by feel when it comes to exercise choice on these.

hmmm, I think I might have it lol

Now we're rolling!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.