Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thigh exercises
A couple more variations for leg stuff to add to your arsenal mate.
Use the hip belt with the low pulley and put a couple of crates or boxes either side of the pulley and do hip belt squats using low pulley. You can really sit back powerlifter style this way and the pulley in front almost counterbalances you. Another one I've tried is box step ups using the hip belt attached to the low pulley it almost feels like increased resistance as you drive the leg to full hip extension.

By a couple of ankle straps and hook low pulley to these and do standing single leg curl and single leg extension.
Finally as you have d bells which sound like fixed ones (wouldn't work with powerblocks) stand a bell on its end at the end of a bench. Lay face down on bench and then hook your feet around the Db and lock it tight. Now do leg curls this way. I'm not sure if it's because you have to keep tension applied to the bell else you will drop it but I find these hit my hamstrings more so than machine leg curls.

Finally rig up some kind of natural GHR loads of vids on you tube and even do 45degree hypers using your incline bench and wrap a band around your feet to keep you pinned in place.

The joys of home training with limited kit means you keep coming up with and trying weird and wonderful exercises to see if it works.

Scott I'm yet to try the somersault and sissy on my smith yet. Im actually thinking of replicating a top squat by using a pair of mole grips adjustable wrench type things locked on.
Thanks Mr Mac for the tips. I've purchased a Top Squat since I originally made this thread and it has become my favorite accessory. Smith squats, Smith front squats and Smith somersault squats with the Top Squat bar are all a vital part of my routine.
Edit for double post
(03-19-2016, 03:09 AM)Mr Mac Wrote: A couple more variations for leg stuff to add to your arsenal mate.
Use the hip belt with the low pulley and put a couple of crates or boxes either side of the pulley and do hip belt squats using low pulley. You can really sit back powerlifter style this way and the pulley in front almost counterbalances you. Another one I've tried is box step ups using the hip belt attached to the low pulley it almost feels like increased resistance as you drive the leg to full hip extension.

By a couple of ankle straps and hook low pulley to these and do standing single leg curl and single leg extension.
Finally as you have d bells which sound like fixed ones (wouldn't work with powerblocks) stand a bell on its end at the end of a bench. Lay face down on bench and then hook your feet around the Db and lock it tight. Now do leg curls this way. I'm not sure if it's because you have to keep tension applied to the bell else you will drop it but I find these hit my hamstrings more so than machine leg curls.

Finally rig up some kind of natural GHR loads of vids on you tube and even do 45degree hypers using your incline bench and wrap a band around your feet to keep you pinned in place.

The joys of home training with limited kit means you keep coming up with and trying weird and wonderful exercises to see if it works.

Scott I'm yet to try the somersault and sissy on my smith yet. Im actually thinking of replicating a top squat by using a pair of mole grips adjustable wrench type things locked on.

You could do that, but probably don't need to, just for the somersault squats... (Jumper cable alligator clips might work, even...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I do belt squat on the assisted machine dip.
I remove the pad for leg.

attack the cord to his belt and climb on the machine steps that serve to position.
anwesome moviemnto and tension. I use them for pump Set
Would BB or DB weighted step ups work here too? Looking to add some in next blast... If the boss approves[emoji12]
(03-27-2016, 07:09 AM)Jen Wrote: Would BB or DB weighted step ups work here too? Looking to add some in next blast... If the boss approves[emoji12]

Sure!!! Smile But prob. DB's and smith (not BB step-ups) for an MR, simply d/t balance / safety. I'd do sets of 4 (for MR's) with one leg at a time, being careful to not rebound your way up with the non-driving leg (don't bounce off the floor. (One way to do this would be to set up the box / bench you're on so that the free hanging leg can't even reach - or you don't touch - the floor, so its not so much a step up as it is a kind of 1 legged squat.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-27-2016, 07:47 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Sure!!! Smile But prob. DB's and smith (not BB step-ups) for an MR, simply d/t balance / safety. I'd do sets of 4 (for MR's) with one leg at a time, being careful to not rebound your way up with the non-driving leg (don't bounce off the floor. (One way to do this would be to set up the box / bench you're on so that the free hanging leg can't even reach - or you don't touch - the floor, so its not so much a step up as it is a kind of 1 legged squat.

-S

Sweet! My 5 foot stature should make that very doable. Thanks! Def adding this in. I'll give it a try next lower workout.
(03-27-2016, 08:27 AM)Jen Wrote: Sweet! My 5 foot stature should make that very doable. Thanks! Def adding this in. I'll give it a try next lower workout.

Yes, you'll probably just need to stand on a regular Reebok step to get full clearance of that trailing leg... Wink

<runs and hides!> Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

(03-28-2016, 12:20 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Yes, you'll probably just need to stand on a regular Reebok step to get full clearance of that trailing leg... Wink

<runs and hides!> Smile Smile Smile

-S

You are a funny one today [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]