Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st day of FT - question on duration
Afternoon all,
Started FT training today (day 1, week 1, basic version)... in and out of the gym in 35 minutes (not playing around here). Found the session to be short, but taxing and effective at the same time.

From your experience, does the time spent at the gym sound about right?? Please comment on your week 1 experiences.

Thanks!
There's a lot of variables in length of workout.
Is your work set top weight 150 pounds or 550 pounds. It would take longer to warm up to 550.
If you got it in and worked hard that's what counts.
My day one today took me about 50 minutes on Tier 1.

There are times that I think I go too quick between exercises (not the supersets) but I also figure that is the way I like to work out.

It's about progression and progress.

Start a log. It's a great place where we all help each other out.
(01-27-2016, 05:28 AM)dens228 Wrote: There's a lot of variables in length of workout.
Is your work set top weight 150 pounds or 550 pounds. It would take longer to warm up to 550.
If you got it in and worked hard that's what counts.
My day one today took me about 50 minutes on Tier 1.

There are times that I think I go too quick between exercises (not the supersets) but I also figure that is the way I like to work out.

It's about progression and progress.

Start a log. It's a great place where we all help each other out.

Thanks for the reply. Def not squatting or pulling 550 haha... today was more of a test day really as I think the first week must be for all of us. Gauge the weight, familiarize yourself with the program, etc. I read the book and understand the methodology but you don't really feel it until you're in the gym doing the work. I did some light warm up and got up to 225 for 9 reps in the load phase, I'm sure as the weight increases I'll be taking longer. Following Scott's recommendation as well, moving up tier week after week so that'll add more work.

Any thoughts on stretching techniques as well? I prefer stretching after the set either occlusion or weighted stretches... when did you start implementing?

I wouldn't move up a tier per week just for the sake of it. If you're getting results there's no need to move up.
Plus the key is also to recover. Some people find themselves moving up a tier and then regulating their intensity to get through it.
I've been working out for almost 40 years. I plan on staying on Tier 1 for at least the first 4 weeks of the blast.

In the past I went to Tier 3 and it was just to much to keep up. I needed to cruise too quickly. If you are really hitting it hard you may find Tier 1 is all you need.

I just mix up the stretching, base it depending mostly on how I feel. Probably flexibility stretching 70 percent of the time, extreme the other 30.
It took me 55 minutes to do tier 1 day 2 today.
Deads 545lb 6 reps
Hammer pull downs 3 plates a side 7 reps
Decline bench 315lb 7 reps
Smith shoulder press 115lb per side (not inc bar) 7 reps
Back squat not locking out at the top and performing the reps slow down and up 225lb 23 reps
Leg extensions 100lb 53 reps including a lot of little pulses at the end
Leg curl 100lb 40ish reps including the pulses
Calf raises 2 plates per side 30ish reps with pulses

Far from my all time max weights/reps but I am currently circa 7% on a dexascan thus my strength isn't the best.
That said I have been this lean before and much weaker so I consider it good!

Tier 3 takes me 90-120 minutes.
Tier 1 day 1 for me was 45 min or so. Tier 3, is closer to 75 min. Of course my working set weights are lower than the guys so my warm ups are a bit shorter. I'm also a no nonsense no talking person in the gym...
I did the tier 2 day 4 workout today and it took me 60 min and I thought I was flying. I talk to no one in the gym and work very quickly so whatever it's worth.
It took me and my partner 1 hour 10 mins to complete workout 1 tier 1 on Monday.
I would also hang fire on the tiers because it does creep up on you physically and mentally.
I too have just started and am in my first blast and its surprising how much it takes out of you even at tier 1.
Great feedback in this thread, Guys!

(THANK YOU!)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I train in a very cold gym and I always afraid to get injured.
I spend a little 'more time for warmup.
I need a little 'time to enter "the game".

I the end of the loading and mr need a moment of calm otherwise the workout not going well

sorry for my english folk's