Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to use fat grips in FT
Hey Scott,

Which type of sets would fat bar or fat gripz be best suited for or does it not matter? Also, could occlusion training be used occasionally for pump sets? Thanks for any help!
(03-01-2016, 02:22 PM)Skiffmeaty Wrote: Hey Scott,

Which type of sets would fat bar or fat gripz be best suited for or does it not matter? Also, could occlusion training be used occasionally for pump sets? Thanks for any help!

Well, I'd be vary of using them when they force your to drop your loads down and thus make the forearm / gripping muscles the weak link. So, if you're trying to bring up your back, for instance and can't handle heavy loads d/t the fat gripz, this isn't good.

But, if biceps are growing well, you could use them for training there, as and example, to get some extra forearm work. (This could be a strategy for someone who uses Tier I, as an example.)

I'm a bit wary of prescribing blood flow restriction with a tourniquet d/t the risk of clots. It can happen. Some guys over overboard with tightness and completely cut off blood flow, which I think is the real risk here.

But, yes, occlusion, which happens during a set with continuous contractions above about 40-60%MVC, and metabolic stress is the focus if the Pump sets, for sure. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.