Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips you have got from this forum
Overhead Dumbbell Flys
(03-14-2016, 05:50 AM)flairsjobber Wrote: I just did Overhead Dumbbell Flys for the first time today. A great excersise for a MR. It's amazing that I've lifted for so long and a simple movement like that just never crossed my mind. The longer I do FT the more I realize just how little I know.

Now I know what my next delt pump exercise is going to be! I love this site!
So much to list! I know I am going to forget something!!

- A lot of different lifts, Smith Hack Sissy Squats, Donkey Calves in Hack Squat. Scoop Incline Flyes, Somersault Squats, Hamstring Curl Ab Crunches, BOSU Situps, and probably 5 or 6 variations on lifts I came up with on my own, that were inspired by something I saw or read on here.

- 5's in the hole, and many other pump set variations, Breeze's "evil evens", Dens' "5's in the hole, and out again".

- A ton on muscle growth from listening to Scott's interviews / podcasts.

- How to actually train my abs to GROW!!

-How to auto-regulate my own training, blast to blast, week to week, day to day.

I'm forgetting something I know.

One of my favorite things I've learned from the program ... How to cripple myself with muscle fatigue / DOMs from just a set or two. Wink

(03-14-2016, 02:34 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: A nice combo I've found is, for instance:

• 1st pump set: 5's into the Hole.
• 2nd Pump set (esp. if using the same exercise): Reverse 21's

-S

I have done this combo a few times (many times tier 3 for biceps) and it is outrageously effective.

(03-14-2016, 10:01 AM)dens228 Wrote: Now I know what my next delt pump exercise is going to be! I love this site!

LOL! Those are nice for pump sets b/c you can just set up in one spot, doing an ab exercise on a bench and Use DB's for your delt Pump exercises:

Anterior: DB OH Fly
Middle: Side Lateral
Posterior: BO side lateral

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-14-2016, 09:33 PM)Altamir Wrote: So much to list! I know I am going to forget something!!

- A lot of different lifts, Smith Hack Sissy Squats, Donkey Calves in Hack Squat. Scoop Incline Flyes, Somersault Squats, Hamstring Curl Ab Crunches, BOSU Situps, and probably 5 or 6 variations on lifts I came up with on my own, that were inspired by something I saw or read on here.

- 5's in the hole, and many other pump set variations, Breeze's "evil evens", Dens' "5's in the hole, and out again".

- A ton on muscle growth from listening to Scott's interviews / podcasts.

- How to actually train my abs to GROW!!

-How to auto-regulate my own training, blast to blast, week to week, day to day.

I'm forgetting something I know.

One of my favorite things I've learned from the program ... How to cripple myself with muscle fatigue / DOMs from just a set or two. Wink

GREAT POST!!!

(I think I'll have to stick this thread, probably. Smile

Quote:I have done this combo a few times (many times tier 3 for biceps) and it is outrageously effective.

It just seems to flow as a natural succession of Pump set strategies. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-14-2016, 11:09 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: GREAT POST!!!

(I think I'll have to stick this thread, probably. Smile

It just seems to flow as a natural succession of Pump set strategies. Smile

-S

I can echo everything that has been said by others. The exercise variations and the different rep schemes are excellent. The diet plan in the FT book and the complimentary information around meals and supplementation are extremely helpful.

But I would say at the top of my list are the people:
(1) Scott, for being active on the site and providing frequent feedback and answers; and
(2) the members of this site who ask great questions, provide commentary, feedback, constructive criticism, insights and advice.

bow
(03-15-2016, 08:35 AM)MaxDog Wrote: I can echo everything that has been said by others. The exercise variations and the different rep schemes are excellent. The diet plan in the FT book and the complimentary information around meals and supplementation are extremely helpful.

But I would say at the top of my list are the people:
(1) Scott, for being active on the site and providing frequent feedback and answers; and
(2) the members of this site who ask great questions, provide commentary, feedback, constructive criticism, insights and advice.

bow

Thank you, Sir!!! Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

Without a doubt the thing that makes this site the best there is, would be the fact that we have access to one of the greatest minds in bodybuilding. I can't think of another place in any sport where a person can pick the brain of a highly touted trainer with such ease.
(03-16-2016, 02:30 AM)flairsjobber Wrote: Without a doubt the thing that makes this site the best there is, would be the fact that we have access to one of the greatest minds in bodybuilding. I can't think of another place in any sport where a person can pick the brain of a highly touted trainer with such ease.

Keep this up and I will be forced to increase your monthly funds transfers... LOL!!!

(Thanks, man. Seriously. Smile )

(ADD: Of course, you may not be referring to me!!! DOH!!!! Wink )

-S
-Scott

(03-16-2016, 03:17 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Keep this up and I will be forced to increase your monthly funds transfers... LOL!!!

(Thanks, man. Seriously. Smile )

(ADD: Of course, you may not be referring to me!!! DOH!!!! Wink )

-S

I agreed with that! Scott is the bomb!