Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running FT at home ab and adductor work??
Looking to run fortitude and thinking of using pretty much exclusively my home gym as I have pretty much everything. Only thing I'm slightly stumped on will be ad and abductor work.

I was thinking of single leg low pulley with an ankle strap but other than that cannot really think of anything else. Maybe bands??
(03-18-2016, 07:47 AM)Mr Mac Wrote: Looking to run fortitude and thinking of using pretty much exclusively my home gym as I have pretty much everything. Only thing I'm slightly stumped on will be ad and abductor work.

I was thinking of single leg low pulley with an ankle strap but other than that cannot really think of anything else. Maybe bands??

Bands looped around power rack frame and your leg (at the knee, and the ankle)

Ankle cuff adductor work with body facing toward, 90˚ from and away from the low pulley line of pull.

(Are you planning on doing a lot of abductor work?...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I train at home and use bands.
(03-18-2016, 08:08 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Bands looped around power rack frame and your leg (at the knee, and the ankle)

Ankle cuff adductor work with body facing toward, 90˚ from and away from the low pulley line of pull.

(Are you planning on doing a lot of abductor work?...)

-S
No minimal but just thinking out loud if there is anything I'm missing.
Cheers

(03-18-2016, 08:53 AM)Mr Mac Wrote: No minimal but just thinking out loud if there is anything I'm missing.
Cheers

OK, well there is 5 adductor exercises for you, essentially.

Abductors can be worked with cables and bands, of course. (Maybe using some pink ankle cuffs doing the "fire hydrant" movement?.... LOL JUST KIDDING... )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Anything lighter than the pink ones?? I'm not powerlifting.
(03-19-2016, 03:12 AM)Mr Mac Wrote: Anything lighter than the pink ones?? I'm not powerlifting.

Ha! Funny! In all seriousness, I did PT on my knee at a facility that made me use bands and my knee was never more sore and irritated. I fortunately have a couple machines at my gym that seem to keep the stress off my knee.
(03-19-2016, 03:12 AM)Mr Mac Wrote: Anything lighter than the pink ones?? I'm not powerlifting.

No cuff, but just a think, "Feel the burn!" and even say it out loud with each rep. Smile

(03-19-2016, 06:45 AM)Jen Wrote: Ha! Funny! In all seriousness, I did PT on my knee at a facility that made me use bands and my knee was never more sore and irritated. I fortunately have a couple machines at my gym that seem to keep the stress off my knee.

LOL - There are a lot of unfortunate stories out there. (So much of PT these days can simply be protocols... without any room for adjustment via patient feedback... Sad )

-S
-Scott