Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anterior Tibialis Training
I'm currently doing tier 2, basic and have a lower MR day tomorrow which means two calf exercises.

If I wanted to start training tibialis anterior, could I do two calf exercises and two anterior tib exercises or just 1 of each?
(04-08-2016, 08:38 AM)bmm5530 Wrote: I'm currently doing tier 2, basic and have a lower MR day tomorrow which means two calf exercises.

If I wanted to start training tibialis anterior, could I do two calf exercises and two anterior tib exercises or just 1 of each?

I presume you're wanting to adopt John Meadows' strategy here?... I believe John thinks that the synergism here is related to creating metabolic stress (in the lower leg).

I'd put those anterior tib sets in as Pump Sets and just tack them on after your regular calf pump sets.

I'd really not suggest any MR's for anterior tib., (but you could do pump sets more than once / week), at least to start, simply b/c he nature of the movement doesn't lend it self well to even the moderate loading of an MR. (You're kind of in a vulnerable position at the end, most plantar flexed, part of the ROM. It doesn't sounds like you've done ant. tib. training before?...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-08-2016, 09:14 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I presume you're wanting to adopt John Meadows' strategy here?... I believe John thinks that the synergism here is related to creating metabolic stress (in the lower leg).

I'd put those anterior tib sets in as Pump Sets and just tack them on after your regular calf pump sets.

I'd really not suggest any MR's for anterior tib., (but you could do pump sets more than once / week), at least to start, simply b/c he nature of the movement doesn't lend it self well to even the moderate loading of an MR. (You're kind of in a vulnerable position at the end, most plantar flexed, part of the ROM. It doesn't sounds like you've done ant. tib. training before?...)

-S

You hit the nail on the head lol. I did see John's take on it and wanted to see how I could implement it.

Yeah, because the load would be lower it would be tough to do a MR for it so I will start with adding them in as pump sets and see if i notice a difference for this blast in calf growth.

Thanks Scott!
You're welcome!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.