Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sussing out FT
Hi all Smile

I'm new to this..... is there any women who do FT?

I've been kind of doing it for the past 6 months but not been following it properly... I've been doing more sets than I should so obviously wasn't working at full potential. I'm now ready to dpo this properly, just keen to see if any women do this style of training really Smile

Katie
(04-13-2016, 09:30 PM)katie_089 Wrote: Hi all Smile

I've been kind of doing it for the past 6 months but not been following it properly... I've been doing more sets than I should so obviously wasn't working at full potential. I'm now ready to dpo this properly, just keen to see if any women do this style of training really Smile

Katie

Jen is quite knowledgeable regarding FT and is running a log about her training.
I recommend reading hers as well as other logs. If you start a log some of us will be more than happy to assist as needed.

If you can't see the log section and have purchased the e-book let Scott know and he'll give you access to the members section.

(04-13-2016, 06:41 PM)masonator Wrote: I have a couple of quick questions I hope you don't mind me asking?!

In preparation, I need to decide upon 3 compound exercises for the various body parts for loading purposes. Ie: Thighs might be Safety bar squat / back squat / 45deg leg press and I would then rotate these week by week? So lower loading week 1 may be 1 failure set of safety squat then obv quad, ham etc then the following week would be back squat to failure and so on.

Does this mean I am trying to progress in a particular lift only once every 3 weeks?

Warm ups - Obv I would warm up as much as I need to safely lift the main set but would you still be warming up on pump exercises and also muscle round days?

You are generally correct on the rotating lifts, and hitting them once every three weeks. Smile

As far as warm ups. I warm up ALL muscle rounds.

Most pump sets I do NOT warm up. The weight should be light enough for you to just "hit it". and generally if you have to warm up, you're going to heavy. It also breaks up the flow of your super sets. if you feel you need a little bit of a general warm up before hitting them. I'd suggest doing that first, and then just jump into your pump sets and bang them out.

The only pump set I DO warm up is the first thigh. Just don't like hitting all that weight "cold"
(04-13-2016, 11:11 PM)Altamir Wrote: You are generally correct on the rotating lifts, and hitting them once every three weeks. Smile

As far as warm ups. I warm up ALL muscle rounds.

Most pump sets I do NOT warm up. The weight should be light enough for you to just "hit it". and generally if you have to warm up, you're going to heavy. It also breaks up the flow of your super sets. if you feel you need a little bit of a general warm up before hitting them. I'd suggest doing that first, and then just jump into your pump sets and bang them out.

The only pump set I DO warm up is the first thigh. Just don't like hitting all that weight "cold"

Thankyou! I will work out my loading option exercises and see what you think if that's ok?

(04-13-2016, 11:39 PM)masonator Wrote: Thankyou! I will work out my loading option exercises and see what you think if that's ok?

Sure, post 'em up, but those (Loading Sets) are de facto the exercises that you decide work best for you for heavy training.

(The board can help with logistics of zig-zagging perhaps. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-13-2016, 09:30 PM)katie_089 Wrote: Hi all Smile

Katie

Yeah! I'd love to see another female FT journal here! It's a great program and I have found following the program as Scott laid out to be very productive for me.
Ah fab ! I shall have a read of your posts Jen Smile

I'm not sure mine would be interesting ... but will see how I go...

x

(04-14-2016, 01:08 AM)Jen Wrote: Yeah! I'd love to see another female FT journal here! It's a great program and I have found following the program as Scott laid out to be very productive for me.

Ok, I apologise in advance for asking so many questions, I just want to get it down right!

So in regards to loading I have as my exercises:

Thigh - Safety bar squat / Barbell squat / 45deg leg press
Quad - Leg extension / Leg press(close feet&low) / Hack sissy squats (or heel raised dumbbell squat if I cant get form right)
Hams - SLDL / Lying leg curl / seated leg curl
Calf - Smith calf raise / Seated calf raise / Smith calf raise
Back thick - Smith bbell row / Deadstop dbell row / Isolateral hammer row
Back width - Weighted pull-ups (pronated) / Supinated pull downs / V Handle pull down
Chest - Incline barbell / Dbell floor press / Incline dbell press
Delts - Hammer seated OHP / Seated smith OHP / Dbell OHP

As I am starting on Tier 1 Basic I have kind of worked the following out, although wait for questions after !!

Day 1 - Lower load/Upper pump

Safety bar squat 1x6-12
Leg extension 1x6-12
SLDL 1x6-12
Abductors 1x10-15 (will work out something here as no abductor machine at gym!)
Smith calf raise 2x6-12 (second set to failure)

Pec deck s/s High lever row 15-25
Side lat raises s/s Cable crunches 15-25
Cable e/z preacher s/s bar pushdown 15-25

Day 2 - Upper load/lower pump

Smith barbell row 1x6-12
Weighted pull ups 1x6-12
Incline barbell press 1x6-12
Hammer OHP 1x6-12

Smith squat 1x15-25
Leg extension (or seated leg curl) 1x15-25
Smith calf raise 1x15-25

How does this look? Am I getting the gist of it?!

So to the questions!

With stretches, am I putting a stretch after every single exercise within a day or just a stretch after each of loading exercises so thigh stretch after thigh, quad after quad etc?

Obviously I rotate the loading exercises in a 3 week cycle do I do the same with the pump exercises on load days or keep the same ones throughout the blast to see progression?

On tier 1/day 2 lower pump it says to pick a quad OR a ham exercise for a pump, can I do one of each if I am lacking in both areas or wait until I move to tier 2?

With muscle rounds do you guys generally keep the same exercises of change every week? I know the loading sets are all about progression and pump sets are more about the effect rather than the continual progression in weights lifted but how about muscle rounds? I mean if I was to find an exercise that really hits the mark for say chest, would I keep doing it week by week to continually progress (or am I overthinking this?!)

With this in mind it says in the book that the log is not totally essential with muscle rounds as long as you keep a note of the pool of exercises so when you return to one you know what your starting point is weight wise so I guess this answers my above question?!

Apologies again for the incessant questioning!
I stretch after each bodypart. But for your specific example I stretch after I complete both thigh and quad for that specific combination.

For pump exercises you do what you want. I just go by how I feel that day. You're going for a pump using different techniques and methods so you aren't really trying to beat a log book in weight or reps with the pump exercises.

Follow the template for tier 1. Pick a quad or ham exercise. If they're both a weak point what you really need is more size overall in your legs, not specifically one or the other.

For MR's some rotate, some of us keep it the same. I prefer to either rotate between two exercises or keep hammering away at the same one.

The book says that? There is log sheet created specifically to track only MR's..........................I think you really want to keep track of those.
(04-14-2016, 11:01 PM)dens228 Wrote: I stretch after each bodypart. But for your specific example I stretch after I complete both thigh and quad for that specific combination.

For pump exercises you do what you want. I just go by how I feel that day. You're going for a pump using different techniques and methods so you aren't really trying to beat a log book in weight or reps with the pump exercises.

Follow the template for tier 1. Pick a quad or ham exercise. If they're both a weak point what you really need is more size overall in your legs, not specifically one or the other.

For MR's some rotate, some of us keep it the same. I prefer to either rotate between two exercises or keep hammering away at the same one.

The book says that? There is log sheet created specifically to track only MR's..........................I think you really want to keep track of those.

You are right it doesn't say that, it states about keeping a "pool" of exercises for MRs and then beating them! So the opposite to what I am thinking!

I think I may find an option for each body part and then hammer away to get stronger, then a second option for when I move up a tier (if!)