Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fortitude and including Crossfit / Functional HIIT
Smile 
I currently just started the 4 day split of fortitude. I am all about the high frequency and progressive overload as I'm seeing great results. My goal right now is to continue to grow and get stronger but some days after these training sessions (lower loading) I am BEAT! So optimizing my recovery is very important obviously. However I do really like doing some crossfit / functional style HIIT sessions post weight training or on an off day as I am and always have been an athlete and built more like one then a bodybuilder 6'5 270 (Ex outside linebacker). I don't want to lose my functionality and I still be able to run around as my wife is a crossfit junkie.

What are your guys thoughts on this, they last no longer then 15-20 mins.

Thanks guys!
(07-31-2016, 07:38 AM)Kyleglick Wrote: I currently just started the 4 day split of fortitude. I am all about the high frequency and progressive overload as I'm seeing great results. My goal right now is to continue to grow and get stronger but some days after these training sessions (lower loading) I am BEAT! So optimizing my recovery is very important obviously. However I do really like doing some crossfit / functional style HIIT sessions post weight training or on an off day as I am and always have been an athlete and built more like one then a bodybuilder 6'5 270 (Ex outside linebacker). I don't want to lose my functionality and I still be able to run around as my wife is a crossfit junkie.

What are your guys thoughts on this, they last no longer then 15-20 mins.

Thanks guys!

If you were still playing ball and your team had a highly integrated strength and conditioning program, designed to optimize your recovery and game performance, and you asked your coach what he thought about adding 15-20 min of all out cross-fit activity on top of your normal training, what would he say?

Smile

It sounds just a bit like you're wanting permission / go ahead (I'm good with you doing whatever), but I think you know you'll need to adjust.

So, how would one adjust Fortitude Training with respect to recovery ability?...

-S

P.S. There is no "4 day split" with FT. (A split means the muscle groups are "split" out over 4 days, e.g, back / ab, Legs, Chest / shoulder, arms and calves or what you. FT in it's essence is a 4 day / week program. The Family Man Plan - 3 training sessions / week - is a special version. Smile )

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.