Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MR's and winded!
I have a few comments and a question. First off I love the MR's and am killing the log book in the last four weeks. This run through I have really been focusing on the basics with MR's. Wow do I get winded on these. Any suggestions?

Comment; Normally by week three I am feeling overtrained and start losing my desire to train even with tier 1. This time on tier two, (natural and old 49) I have been using betator and I have no signs of slowing down and recovery and strength gains are excellent. Should I run with it for a bit or cruise anyway?

Thanks

David
(09-21-2016, 07:59 AM)DCShores Wrote: I have a few comments and a question. First off I love the MR's and am killing the log book in the last four weeks. This run through I have really been focusing on the basics with MR's. Wow do I get winded on these. Any suggestions?

I would take a few (not TOO many) deep breaths before starting the MR and make sure you are breathing deeply during the sets and the rest intervals, too. This will help alkalinize your blood and reduce the the urgency to breath (and help in performance). BE CAREFUL - if you really overdo this strategy, you could end up light headed which is NOT what you want when you've got a load above you.

Quote:Comment; Normally by week three I am feeling overtrained and start losing my desire to train even with tier 1. This time on tier two, (natural and old 49) I have been using betator and I have no signs of slowing down and recovery and strength gains are excellent. Should I run with it for a bit or cruise anyway?

Thanks

David

I'd still stick with using your perceived recovery (and log book, sleep, etc. other things that can point to overreaching turning to overtraining) as your guide for when to move to a cruise. I don't think you're at any risk of inadvertently overdoing it using this supplement such that you dig a recovery hole you can't climb out of.

(The research on HMB is decent, but some of the studies have been questioned d/t the VERY large effects. I'd be interested if you happen to do any blood work that include a hormonal profile, as there have been a few cases where OTC supplements have been spiked. Just pure curiosity and thinking out loud here - no need to post up openly on your end.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott,

On the breathing, what I have been doing is using what Gironda recommended between sets breathing wise. I breathe in as deeply as possible through my nose and exhale through my lips completely. I do this four times between sets, takes about 10 sec. I will add a few of these pre set and make sure I am breathing during the sets.

Spiked? Maybe. My hormone profile tends to run on the low side. The recovery does feel steroid like, but nothing else does. NO real change in pump, mood, aggression or sex drive. I am planning on running a hormone profile in a month or so.

Any suggestion on supplements that are actually effective on raising T. The best combo I have found verified by lab work was DAA, DIM, Saw pamento combined with an adrenal glandular support.

David
(09-21-2016, 07:59 AM)DCShores Wrote: This run through I have really been focusing on the basics with MR's. Wow do I get winded on these. Any suggestions?

I'll chip in here as someone who has been doing FT a while.
Initially (say, the first six months), these were brutal for me post-exercise breathing and recovery-wise.

But adaptation does come. Now, I'm a pretty rubbish bodybuilder in so much as I simply don't have the focus/have other things going on which preclude me from sticking to the gym for lengthy periods (I make good progress then go off to do something else non-gym related).

So, every so often, I have a groundhog day, where I'm back to the weight and shape I was, say, six months ago (or maybe fatter).

But MRs have progressively become easier in terms of recovery, as have loading sets (where the outcome is even more profound).

I can only put this down to the conditioning (and residual conditioning after stopping for a good few months, then restrarting) that FT imparts.

In fact, I was talking to Dr Scott (as a one-to-one client of his) about this effect only yesterday. The readiness to do another set after a max effort one is now simply light years ahead of what it was.

Or, in the briefest of terms, if you stick with it, I suspect the adaptations that will follow will greatly diminish the winded aspect (such that failure occurs absolutely through true muscular failure rather than running out of steam).

(09-22-2016, 01:28 AM)DCShores Wrote: Thanks Scott,

On the breathing, what I have been doing is using what Gironda recommended between sets breathing wise. I breathe in as deeply as possible through my nose and exhale through my lips completely. I do this four times between sets, takes about 10 sec. I will add a few of these pre set and make sure I am breathing during the sets.

I would NOT suggest that. (In fact, this could be part of your issue.)

I suspect this could be limiting lung ventilation overall, which will impair your bicarbonate buffering system, the main way you'll be able to counter acidity. Not doing so will increase your respiratory drive and make you feel like you're gassing for air.

This may have been Gironde's way to enhanced the exercise stress (there are some studies using loaded ventilators that show performance enhancements, b ut that's another topic), but if you're limiting your ability to tax the muscle, this is not what we want with FT.

Righty's dead on in that you'll adapt to the training and get past this to some degree. Smile

Quote:Spiked? Maybe. My hormone profile tends to run on the low side. The recovery does feel steroid like, but nothing else does. NO real change in pump, mood, aggression or sex drive. I am planning on running a hormone profile in a month or so.

Any suggestion on supplements that are actually effective on raising T. The best combo I have found verified by lab work was DAA, DIM, Saw pamento combined with an adrenal glandular support.

David

That would be great to know how that comes back (and if perhaps you have any suppression d/t an exogenous androgen source). Some designer steroids (not going to get into that here) that are not highly androgenic or cause water retention could fit your description.

I would use that combo if you've found it effective. DAA hasn't panned out as the original study suggested. DIM shows promise for estrogen control, which would elevate test, as do AI's and SERMS.

Speaking of, if you have a doc, you might check with him / her, as reducing estrogenic effects (AI or SERM) can increase testosterone.

(Are you below "Normal" / lab range?... )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-22-2016, 03:30 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I would NOT suggest that. (In fact, this could be part of your issue.)

I suspect this could be limiting lung ventilation overall, which will impair your bicarbonate buffering system, the main way you'll be able to counter acidity. Not doing so will increase your respiratory drive and make you feel like you're gassing for air.

This may have been Gironde's way to enhanced the exercise stress (there are some studies using loaded ventilators that show performance enhancements, b ut that's another topic), but if you're limiting your ability to tax the muscle, this is not what we want with FT.

Righty's dead on in that you'll adapt to the training and get past this to some degree. Smile

Interesting! I did legs MR's yesterday and preloaded my breathing with four Gironda breaths and found that to help a ton. I would say 50-60% improved. I think I will keep the preload and try gironda and regular breathing between set.

That would be great to know how that comes back (and if perhaps you have any suppression d/t an exogenous androgen source). Some designer steroids (not going to get into that here) that are not highly androgenic or cause water retention could fit your description.

I would use that combo if you've found it effective. DAA hasn't panned out as the original study suggested. DIM shows promise for estrogen control, which would elevate test, as do AI's and SERMS.

Speaking of, if you have a doc, you might check with him / her, as reducing estrogenic effects (AI or SERM) can increase testosterone.

(Are you below "Normal" / lab range?... )

Yes, low end of normal total and free is below. I will post some lab work here if you like?

-S

Good advice righty! thx
(09-23-2016, 01:48 AM)DCShores Wrote: Interesting! I did legs MR's yesterday and preloaded my breathing with four Gironda breaths and found that to help a ton. I would say 50-60% improved. I think I will keep the preload and try gironda and regular breathing between set.

I can't tell from the Gironde method where you are hyper or hyperventilating and that timing may hyperventilate you at rest but hypo-ventilate you during the MR.

Quote:Yes, low end of normal total and free is below. I will post some lab work here if you like?

No need. Free test below normal may qualify you for a medical intervention, depending on your Doc.

-S
-Scott