Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full range reps vs. "short range"
Let me preface this with it's just something I have been thinking about. Not a detail that I am dwelling about.

In the last few years I have transitioned to using the (what I call) short reps. Using chest as an example, only going up to the point where triceps would start to kick in.

With FT, especially Tier 1, having not a lot of direct arm work, do any of you find yourself doing more full range reps to allow triceps (using example above) to kick in and get a little extra work?
My arms are really lacking, so I try to do as much full range for pressing and as much supinated grip as possible for pulling. Just trying to sneak in as much extra overlap as I can.

This is something sort of personal for each person. For myself personally I believe I've gotten more out of making my pump sets for arms absolutely as brutal as possible, and always stretching them for as long as my pain tolerance will allow. Granted neither of these has produced muscle growing miracles, but they've taken them from growing at sloth speed to turtle speed, which at this point I'll take as I try to continue to refine.