Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the correct structure for FT Tier 3?
(03-27-2017, 01:58 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: I would guess that's what it is. [Image: 141db6a632ad47478b6779c446b97f2d.jpg]

This was from 3 weeks ago. That's good new then. Yes I was was freaking out a bit. The games we allow or minds to play on us. Thanks brother

Sure!

Here's the device: https://www.inbodyusa.com/products/inbody370

It's a multi-frequency BIA. https://www.inbodyusa.com/pages/technology

I'd have to dig into the literature eon this particular technique to see how accurate it is. HEre's a study where this particular technique (the device you used in particular) was used as a reference method, however:

Document Moved

FULL TEXT: http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/bm...475659.pdf

[This doesn't tell us how sensitive it is to changes in intra vs. extracellular water per se. BIA is still an estimate based on assumptions of how different tissues / components of the body resist the flow of current (at different frequencies).

Hitting a standing target with accuracy - simply getting measurements of %BF etc in comparison to a known better estimate - is one thing. Accurately hitting a moving target - deriving the changes in different body copmonents when diet is changes and relative water content is as well - is another.

It's kind of like the difference between lining up a bullseye in ones sights, closing one's eyes and then shooting - VERSUS - eyeballing a moving target, closing one's eyes and then shooting, hoping the the target moves in the way you'd envisioned it to before closing your eyes. If the underlying assumptions of the body comp. estimation method do not hold true as body composition and body weight increases, then accuracy will suffer. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-26-2017, 11:27 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: IMO, you're making a conceptual error here in thinking that bulking / gaining muscle occurs with a specific formulaic, static caloric excess.

Just as the body's in a state of dynamic homeostasis, the food requirement to produce muscle gain will change depending on what state your body is in. When lean, post contenst, 3500kcal / day might produce weight gain, whereas 5 month later, when heavier, you might need to take in 5500kcal to produce the same rate of weight gain.

So, your off-season diet would thus be adjusted dynamically in response to how your body is changing. Smile

-S

Hi Scott thanks again. And sorry for replying so late.

At the moment my diet Is being prepared by my coach. He is really doing it as a favour as Ive known him for over 10 years and he isnt charging me so all good. But all your advice is very usefull.

And well as far for cutting static caloric restrictment seems to be working at the moment, I can see myself getting leaner, vascularity is a lot better but the weight isnt moving that much, Im still at 82 kilos, this week my diet is around 1650kcal, 200gr protein/90gr Carbs and the rest fats, I aint counting the calories from BCAA's that Im taking even though I know they have calories, I need to be at least 79 kilos to get into the under 80k category or Id get shit on in the over 80 ha! Im 21 days out today! Feeling good.

------------------
The bulking is another story, I should even be THINKING of this right now, but as you know when your hungry you think of food and Im thinking on how Im going to bulk this season haha.

I will open a NEW topic about this in the future for more specific information.

And yes normally I just bulk using a calory excess. But I do up the calories I can start at 3600 then go to 4000 then 4300/4600/5000 (5000 has been my max)
I never have any problems gaining weight no more (When I was younger I did but this was probably lack of knowledge and not eating enough) I always gain weight when I want to but these last 2 years the first year I went up to 5000kcal and finished at 95kilos with a loooooot of fat, the second year I went up to 4000kcal and finished at 92kilos with a lot less fat than the year before. Obviously my diet is clean when eating 4000kcal but once or twice a week I do include things like an Ice cream or cookies or pizza or burger king that I do NOT COUNT the calories. So its like 4000/5000+ CHEAT kcals.

This year I want to try to LEAN bulk around 2800/3000kcal and include things I like, like bacon/sausages/cheddar cheese/etc, picking something NOT as clean ONCE a day and not in EXCESS this way I shouldnt suffer so much and able to up the weight, If I see myself getting a little fat then Ill change things around.

Also I plan NOT eating carbs before bed, as I always workout around 3/4pm, no need to be eating carbs at 11pm.

Sorry for such a large post, needed to get it off my chest and see what your opinions are.

(04-02-2017, 09:02 PM)Junior V Wrote: Hi Scott thanks again. And sorry for replying so late.

At the moment my diet Is being prepared by my coach. He is really doing it as a favour as Ive known him for over 10 years and he isnt charging me so all good. But all your advice is very usefull.

And well as far for cutting static caloric restrictment seems to be working at the moment, I can see myself getting leaner, vascularity is a lot better but the weight isnt moving that much, Im still at 82 kilos, this week my diet is around 1650kcal, 200gr protein/90gr Carbs and the rest fats, I aint counting the calories from BCAA's that Im taking even though I know they have calories, I need to be at least 79 kilos to get into the under 80k category or Id get shit on in the over 80 ha! Im 21 days out today! Feeling good.

------------------
The bulking is another story, I should even be THINKING of this right now, but as you know when your hungry you think of food and Im thinking on how Im going to bulk this season haha.

I will open a NEW topic about this in the future for more specific information.

And yes normally I just bulk using a calory excess. But I do up the calories I can start at 3600 then go to 4000 then 4300/4600/5000 (5000 has been my max)
I never have any problems gaining weight no more (When I was younger I did but this was probably lack of knowledge and not eating enough) I always gain weight when I want to but these last 2 years the first year I went up to 5000kcal and finished at 95kilos with a loooooot of fat, the second year I went up to 4000kcal and finished at 92kilos with a lot less fat than the year before. Obviously my diet is clean when eating 4000kcal but once or twice a week I do include things like an Ice cream or cookies or pizza or burger king that I do NOT COUNT the calories. So its like 4000/5000+ CHEAT kcals.

This year I want to try to LEAN bulk around 2800/3000kcal and include things I like, like bacon/sausages/cheddar cheese/etc, picking something NOT as clean ONCE a day and not in EXCESS this way I shouldnt suffer so much and able to up the weight, If I see myself getting a little fat then Ill change things around.

Also I plan NOT eating carbs before bed, as I always workout around 3/4pm, no need to be eating carbs at 11pm.

Sorry for such a large post, needed to get it off my chest and see what your opinions are.

Well, your'e working with a coach, so i'm not going to tread on that at all. I'm basically stepping away here.

I do have thoughts the possibility of someone who typically needs >4000kcal to grow being able to do so on <3000kcal, as well restricting carbs in the meal ~5hr after training during the off-season. (I cover this in the FT book.)

I do think another thread would make sense, though, maybe when you're closer to the time when you'd be implementing your off-season strategy. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I will do (open a thread closer to the date), thanks for your thoughts on this thread and I consider that this thread can be closed.
This will just get confusing haha as I did say 4000kcal made me fat so I should be able to grow leaner with less kcals.

At the moment I WILL TRY to concetrate on my show, its my first ever show so a tad nervous not knowing if Ill be in the correct condition and so on.

21 days!! Then Ill try to get on point with what strategy works best for me for bulking once and for all.

Really appreciate your comments Scott, shout out to Johnny Napalm who recommended me your book and knowledge. Great guy.
(04-03-2017, 04:16 AM)Junior V Wrote: I will do (open a thread closer to the date), thanks for your thoughts on this thread and I consider that this thread can be closed.
This will just get confusing haha as I did say 4000kcal made me fat so I should be able to grow leaner with less kcals.

At the moment I WILL TRY to concetrate on my show, its my first ever show so a tad nervous not knowing if Ill be in the correct condition and so on.

21 days!! Then Ill try to get on point with what strategy works best for me for bulking once and for all.

Really appreciate your comments Scott, shout out to Johnny Napalm who recommended me your book and knowledge. Great guy.

Right on, man. I totally know the desire for a distraction during the last weeks before a show. Smile

We can cover some of this whenever, but I don't want to tread on your coach and a re-boot of the topic (just coming at it with a bit more organization) would help.

Yeah, Johnny's a good guy. Really likes FT, that's for sure!

KICK ASS IN YOUR SHOW!!! (Let your coach do his work. Smile )

-S
-Scott