Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT In a Powerlifting Gym?
How many guys have had success using Ft in a powerlifting gym.

My gym has great equipment such as Belt squats, GHR, reverse hyper, all different types of Barbells, cables and DB's...... but we have zero machines

Could always change to another gym but just love the atmosphere at my current gym.

Thanks Guys
I have seen some people logging great success training FT with limited equipment. It certainly is going to be challenging at times with MR, as doing them with free weights is challenging, especially with legs. No leg press? no smith machine? If they have those plus cables you can probably get creative and throw together some pretty good blasts.

Another question is are you someone who progresses well? are you someone who needs more variety in order to progress? These sort of things may help guide you a bit.

Going to come down a few factors. Do you value your environment more? Would you be ok with doing maybe loading / pump at your power lifting gym and MRs at another gym?

Just a few random thoughts throw out there. Smile
(09-05-2017, 12:11 AM)Warrior08 Wrote: How many guys have had success using Ft in a powerlifting gym.

My gym has great equipment such as Belt squats, GHR, reverse hyper, all different types of Barbells, cables and DB's...... but we have zero machines

Could always change to another gym but just love the atmosphere at my current gym.

Thanks Guys

I'd make a list of the exercises you can / would perform for the different set types, given what that gym has.

And as Altamir alluded to, you're asking specifically about you, not other guys, and about this gym in particular.

For instance, for back, you might be a be able to do:

Chins
Weighted Chins
Pull-ups
Weighted Pull-ups
Band assisted versions of both the above.
Rack chin
Inverted rack rows
BO Row with:
--DB's
--Straight Bar
--Shrug bar
Pendlay Rows

Etc

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-06-2017, 01:01 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'd make a list of the exercises you can / would perform for the different set types, given what that gym has.

And as Altamir alluded to, you're asking specifically about you, not other guys, and about this gym in particular.

For instance, for back, you might be a be able to do:

Chins
Weighted Chins
Pull-ups
Weighted Pull-ups
Band assisted versions of both the above.
Rack chin
Inverted rack rows
BO Row with:
--DB's
--Straight Bar
--Shrug bar
Pendlay Rows

Etc

-S

What you said is very useful to me, thank you very much!!
(09-05-2020, 03:46 PM)Packhelgts Wrote: What you said is very useful to me, thank you very much!!

Awesome! Great to hear and you're welcome!

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.