Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rehab from surgery
I had my surgery tuesday night, hernia imbilicalis.
Now I need to avoid liftin anythin heavier than 2 kgs (about 4,45 pounds)
for 4 weeks.
Do you Scott have any recommendations how to get back to normal FT training after that?
Basically I was thinking about takin that 4 weeks totally off and after that training first week with 30 % of usual weights, second week 50 % and third week using nearly normal poundages by the feel.
All of those 3 weeks I thought to train only with pump sets, 3-4 whole body sessions every time and after that 3 weeks going all out with traditional FT.
I´ve been using FT about 3 months now and gonna use it forever :-)
Last spring I competed in Finnish Masters Nationals and placed 5th. Next time I´ll compete in 2019 spring and aim for top 3.
Gonna take my body to it´s limits with FT and gain at least 10-12 pounds fo the next competition.
Thanks for the excellent job Scott, wish you all the best!
I'm not Scott but I'd be guided by your surgeon, first and foremost. What do they say about coming back to lifting? I can imagine being able to return to arm and shoulder work before heavy squats or deadlifts, for example.
(09-09-2017, 03:00 AM)kimmo1972 Wrote: I had my surgery tuesday night, hernia imbilicalis.
Now I need to avoid liftin anythin heavier than 2 kgs (about 4,45 pounds)
for 4 weeks.
Do you Scott have any recommendations how to get back to normal FT training after that?
Basically I was thinking about takin that 4 weeks totally off and after that training first week with 30 % of usual weights, second week 50 % and third week using nearly normal poundages by the feel.
All of those 3 weeks I thought to train only with pump sets, 3-4 whole body sessions every time and after that 3 weeks going all out with traditional FT.
I´ve been using FT about 3 months now and gonna use it forever :-)
Last spring I competed in Finnish Masters Nationals and placed 5th. Next time I´ll compete in 2019 spring and aim for top 3.
Gonna take my body to it´s limits with FT and gain at least 10-12 pounds fo the next competition.
Thanks for the excellent job Scott, wish you all the best!

Congrats on your success!!! Thanks for the kind words, too.

However, I'd not resign yourself to ONLY train with FT "forever." Smile Even I don't / wouldn't do that. Smile (However, you can train with the same principles in mind...)

I'd echo Sermolupi here - listen to your Doc on this one. I had no idea, nor am I qualified to assess, the extent of your repair, how well the surgery went or any of the other issues that may be involved. here.

Many Doc prescribe some rehab exercises after repair, but this tends to vary. I'd do exactly as your surgeon suggest. The last thing you want to to blow out the repair and be set back even further. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.