Poll: In regards to diet are you in a deficit, sat at maintenance or in a surplus on rest days?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Deficit
20.00%
1 20.00%
Maintenance
60.00%
3 60.00%
Surplus
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diet setup critique
(12-05-2017, 06:56 PM)Altamir Wrote: So for myself, with the way I have my diet set up, my weight flucates throughout the week. Up after training days, down over non training days. For myself, I have fouind this to be a nice little sweet spot, as long as the swings aren't too wild. Only downside I've seen from this is after the tail end of a cruise I usually roll into my first training session depleted and a little flat, and usually my strength is sort of "meh". This has been solved, while in a gain phase, but having a pretty good carb meal (nothing crazy or a cheat meal) the night before.

(12-06-2017, 12:22 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Nordan,

In your previous cruises where you lost weight and we set back, did you come back after the cruise stronger, weaker or the same at the start of the next blast?.

(You missed this Q previously and this is what I meant by "Strength?" in my previous post.)

I'm only suggesting (for far) that you do something to prevent the weight loss during the Intermittent Cruise, as the rate of gain when blasting sounds great.

That could be probably be done by eating as if you WERE training on days you don't (at the end of the cruise and perhaps during it if you weight is slipping down d/t slightly lower frequency). You can do this by having a a couple large meals on those faux training days. Smile

-S

Altamir, so you're going through a similar approach to myself then.. up down up down. I also noticed myself getting a little flat due to the extended periods of "no carbs" (trace carbs) which is why I decided to experiment by adding a few carbs in on those days.. I followed up with a cheat meal (nothing too heavy) on the night of my first day back and it seemed to do the trick as I was flying throughout the upper body MR's.. looked nice and full.. like I'd slammed on some mass.
I may add that my sessions seem a lot more productive and really on fire having started to incorporate some carbs pre workout (50g approx). I have for the last year ran the trace carb healthy fat approach up until my peri-drink but seem to prefer this method now.

Scott, I believe it varied in all honesty.. I think the majority I would come back stronger but the size gains never came with it. Like mentioned above, this time round my first two sessions back I looked BIIIIG (obviously everything is relative) so I would say this has been one of the better cruises I have had (done over 10 now) as some size has come with it? Again, unsure if its muscle memory gains or what.

Glad you approve on the rate of gain throughout blasts! biggrin

I will take your suggestion on board and see how I run with this blast then possibly adopt that approach on the next cruise depending on the weight situation.

For now then can we agree that the approach of surplus one day / deficit the next, which results in my weight fluctuating throughout but by the end of the week resulted in a gain of weight across the board as an average isn't a detrimental approach ?
(12-06-2017, 03:44 AM)nordan Wrote: Altamir, so you're going through a similar approach to myself then.. up down up down. I also noticed myself getting a little flat due to the extended periods of "no carbs" (trace carbs) which is why I decided to experiment by adding a few carbs in on those days.. I followed up with a cheat meal (nothing too heavy) on the night of my first day back and it seemed to do the trick as I was flying throughout the upper body MR's.. looked nice and full.. like I'd slammed on some mass.
I may add that my sessions seem a lot more productive and really on fire having started to incorporate some carbs pre workout (50g approx). I have for the last year ran the trace carb healthy fat approach up until my peri-drink but seem to prefer this method now.

Scott, I believe it varied in all honesty.. I think the majority I would come back stronger but the size gains never came with it. Like mentioned above, this time round my first two sessions back I looked BIIIIG (obviously everything is relative) so I would say this has been one of the better cruises I have had (done over 10 now) as some size has come with it? Again, unsure if its muscle memory gains or what.

Glad you approve on the rate of gain throughout blasts! biggrin

I will take your suggestion on board and see how I run with this blast then possibly adopt that approach on the next cruise depending on the weight situation.

For now then can we agree that the approach of surplus one day / deficit the next, which results in my weight fluctuating throughout but by the end of the week resulted in a gain of weight across the board as an average isn't a detrimental approach ?

No, if you're progressing forward, then that's what matters.

Some math here to make this clearer:

IF you gain .5lb / week on average when blasting this is 2.5lb over 5 weeks.

If you lose 2.5 lb on each cruise, this completely negates 5 weeks of blasting. Smile

-S

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.