Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diet/ Cardio Questions
Hi All, I am a newbie to FT training. I have read the book and putting together my program and diet. I am unsure about where cardio fits into the program both from a timing and frequency perspective and how diet is impacted. I typically do cardio in the mornings (a mix of low intensity longer duration when legs are fatigued and higher intensity interval training). My question is should one do these sessions fasted and run low carb until the afternoon weight session or eat some carbs around the cardio, then switch to low carb until the weight training? My gut says keep it low carb and fasted for the low intensity sessions and supplement with carbs on the interval days? Advice would be appreciated.
Read this thread and the articles linked within Scott's reply.

If you have further questions ask away after that.

Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast

(05-29-2016, 11:08 PM)dens228 Wrote: Read this thread and the articles linked within Scott's reply.

Thanks, Dens!

Also, page 123 of the book (in the Frequently Asked Questions section) addresses this one specifically.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(05-30-2016, 12:19 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Thanks, Dens!

Also, page 123 of the book (in the Frequently Asked Questions section) addresses this one specifically.

-S

Scott, you posted an article about cardio on IM or FB recently I think you wrote for EliteFts. Maybe this would be a good read for the OP. I'm having a hard time finding it but I remember it being very informative.

OP, I personally believe you should try to make it through a blast or two before adding in cardio at all. I've found that the FT training is so intense that at times it puts HIIT cardio to shame. Try a muscle round with hack or back squats and tell me you still want to do cardio lol I am unsure what your goals are but in the article Scott wrote about cardio he mentions the adaptation of endurance training blunting the adaptation of anaerobic weight training and muscle growth.

If you still want cardio I would say just do 2 HIIT sessions a week and keep them away from leg training days. Both before and after. This may be hard to do, however.
Thank you

(05-29-2016, 11:08 PM)dens228 Wrote: Read this thread and the articles linked within Scott's reply.

(05-30-2016, 05:41 AM)Collabera Wrote: Scott, you posted an article about cardio on IM or FB recently I think you wrote for EliteFts. Maybe this would be a good read for the OP. I'm having a hard time finding it but I remember it being very informative.

It's in the link Dens posted in this thread.

Here, as well: Books, Articles & Interviews - Integrative Bodybuilding - Home of Fortitude Training

(A search for "Stevenson cardio" on EliteFTS.com Inc turns it up too. http://www.elitefts.com/catalogsearch/re...on+cardio)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.