Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions/Comments as nearing end of first FT blast
"funny" thing. As I am now in the 2 week cruise, doing Tier I muscle round workouts only, NOW I am starting to have issues at joint areas. I won't say joint pain, but to be more specific the muscles/tendons around some joints.

For lack of a better way to say it, it's like now during the cruise my body is having time to catch up and start to feel the pain and tiredness caused by the blast period. Make sense to anyone?

The muscle round sets are definitely hardest on my body. I have found that for me, I can't use the general rule of a weight that is about a 15 rep max. I have to go to about half that to get a weight that I can properly use for a muscle round (so that I fail at the 3rd or 4th set within the muscle round).
(06-04-2016, 12:18 AM)jonmiller Wrote: "funny" thing. As I am now in the 2 week cruise, doing Tier I muscle round workouts only, NOW I am starting to have issues at joint areas. I won't say joint pain, but to be more specific the muscles/tendons around some joints.

LOL - That's not very specific. Smile

Quote:For lack of a better way to say it, it's like now during the cruise my body is having time to catch up and start to feel the pain and tiredness caused by the blast period. Make sense to anyone?

First time I've heard of this, but you've changed cardio and perhaps diet, too.

Quote:The muscle round sets are definitely hardest on my body. I have found that for me, I can't use the general rule of a weight that is about a 15 rep max. I have to go to about half that to get a weight that I can properly use for a muscle round (so that I fail at the 3rd or 4th set within the muscle round).

Post up a video. Half the weight of a true 15RM would be something that most folks could do more than 24 reps with for a straight set.

So, you're saying that if you could leg press 500lb for 15, you can only use 250lb and would fail doing a total of 15 reps (putting you in the 4th set of a muscle round), even though you have the rest intervals between sets?...

(BTW, if you fail in the 3rd set of a muscle round, that's too much weight.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Well it made sense in my own mind since i knew what i was saying... Ha ha!!! It's just certain joints. Right knee just at top of knee cap. Left elbow was aching and it turned out to be from tender forearm muscles right at elbow joint. Neck tightened up which never helps you feel good. Let the chiropractor help me today with that stuff.

Diet has changed. I was transitioning carbs down to follow your suggested diet. This week at start of cruise I did make that final transition to be very low carb and only have carbs during and post workout.

For the muscle round I mean the opposite of what you said. So using your example if I can 15 rep 500 lb then I end up using heavier weight. Say a weight that would be an approximate 8 rep max.

HOWEVER I obviously misunderstood because I am generally failing on 3rd set and thought that was ok. So I need to start shooting for failing on 4th or 5th set then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(06-04-2016, 12:56 PM)jonmiller Wrote: Well it made sense in my own mind since i knew what i was saying... Ha ha!!! It's just certain joints. Right knee just at top of knee cap. Left elbow was aching and it turned out to be from tender forearm muscles right at elbow joint. Neck tightened up which never helps you feel good. Let the chiropractor help me today with that stuff.

Diet has changed. I was transitioning carbs down to follow your suggested diet. This week at start of cruise I did make that final transition to be very low carb and only have carbs during and post workout.

For the muscle round I mean the opposite of what you said. So using your example if I can 15 rep 500 lb then I end up using heavier weight. Say a weight that would be an approximate 8 rep max.

HOWEVER I obviously misunderstood because I am generally failing on 3rd set and thought that was ok. So I need to start shooting for failing on 4th or 5th set then.

Could be that you pushed the Blast a bit too far...

So, in generally, aches' n' pains will be greater when dieting down, I think most folks will agree. I'd make sure with this low carb approach to include a serving of salmon (or other high omega-3 fat source) (assuming you've got plenty of saturated fats in there). Smile

Roger the weight.

If you have a 15RM and get into the 6th set of an MR, this si 22 reps before a failure point (7 reps more).

If you have a 8RM, and get 3 reps into the 3rd failure point, this is just 11 reps (3 reps more).

(The 15RM is noted b/c it's generally true and also will tend to guide most folks towards a failure point later in the MR, which is smart for safety reasons when doing MRs for the first time.)

(Maybe go back to the book and re-read about the MRs again?... Could be something else in there, too... Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for showing me my error with muscle rounds. I'll make the change and that should make life a little better on that front.

Yes gonna reread on the muscle round section. But would be embarrassed to admit how many times I have looked back at the book but still gotten it wrong Smile