Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(01-04-2017, 01:12 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I don't know how many folks would use the app. (I actually started building one a while back, but the learning curve for me was going to not make it worth the while.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "stencil," exactly, but yeah, pen and paper still works as far as I know. Smile

-S

I'd definitely use an app. You could have separate tabs such as videos, forum, articles etc. That would be cool! biggrin
(01-04-2017, 08:14 AM)Joe Jeffery Wrote: I'd definitely use an app. You could have separate tabs such as videos, forum, articles etc. That would be cool! [emoji3]
Bro fist.... Smile Gotta be worth it if two crazy limeys would use ?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
(01-04-2017, 06:06 AM)gazzamongo Wrote: These things . If you're more special Olympian than prospective future astronaut you get one of these to guide your pencil in early learning

[Image: d0a75a037358edbc2fd16b20bfd68aa0.jpg]

Ah- it wasn't an autocorrect typo!!!

Maybe sell one of those with a set of crayons?... LOL Smile

(01-04-2017, 08:14 AM)Joe Jeffery Wrote: I'd definitely use an app. You could have separate tabs such as videos, forum, articles etc. That would be cool! biggrin

(01-04-2017, 01:37 PM)gazzamongo Wrote: Bro fist.... Smile Gotta be worth it if two crazy limeys would use ?

I'll have to ask about the cost of such a thing. In the Virgin Voyage, I've got links to video on my youtube page, which was with the idea that a standalone app. could allow one to launch those, too.

My perspective is biased here b/c when I'm in the gym, I don't want to be in contact with anything but the iron an my own sweat and blood. (Real men don't cry... LOL) It's taken me years to get into the habit to bust out my phone and record videos now n' again.

One of the issues with an FT log book is that the program is so versatile that the underlying software would have to be a bit complicated. For a programmer who doesn't lift, trying to explain how all the pieces fit together (b/c Tier, Blast Duration, exerises, Exercise order, etc. would all change) would take quite a bit of time in and of itself. But, it might be easier than that.

(I've got a few things that need to take precedence, though. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Ah crayons ... Those and playdoh are the mains reasons i reject the iifym diet haha

I probably didnt have a full understanding of what i was asking of you re the app. Probably would be worryingly complex.... Ok 40p investment, im good

[Image: ad479e1d3d8b107c785dae18e1a06bf1.jpg]

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Hello everyone,
i am from germany, just turned 27 and have been training for some years(like 5 or 6 years) but have paused since some time now because of a tendinosis in my triceps/elbow area, really annoying. But i am starting again slowly and thought that this training style might be right for me.

I just bought Scott's Ebook on Fortunate Training a few hours ago after reading about it on a german Bodybuilding/fitness forum and now im sitting on my sofa and writing down a template and my exercices, i am really motivated to start thisbiggrin

so anyways, just wanted to say hello to all of you !

greetings
(01-05-2017, 12:50 AM)gazzamongo Wrote: Ah crayons ... Those and playdoh are the mains reasons i reject the iifym diet haha

I probably didnt have a full understanding of what i was asking of you re the app. Probably would be worryingly complex.... Ok 40p investment, im good

[Image: ad479e1d3d8b107c785dae18e1a06bf1.jpg]

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

In this case the app. might be considered a "cultural artifact" per David Krakauer that would actually reduce our abilities to conceptualize the progress as one is making one's way through a blast.

For more on that see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/samharris/comme...h=0dbed2aa

The act of writing down the exercises and working with the information of reps and sets - generating the "picture" that comes with logging one's own data on a piece of paper - is one that I suspect can help with understanding how the pieces of the puzzle of one's training fit together. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-05-2017, 03:58 AM)morpheus2112 Wrote: Hello everyone,
i am from germany, just turned 27 and have been training for some years(like 5 or 6 years) but have paused since some time now because of a tendinosis in my triceps/elbow area, really annoying. But i am starting again slowly and thought that this training style might be right for me.

I just bought Scott's Ebook on Fortunate Training a few hours ago after reading about it on a german Bodybuilding/fitness forum and now im sitting on my sofa and writing down a template and my exercices, i am really motivated to start thisbiggrin

so anyways, just wanted to say hello to all of you !

greetings

Willkommen, Morpheus!

Endlich finden wir Freiheit von dem Matrix!!! LOL

Wo hast Du über FT gelernt?... TeamAndro?.. BBSzene?...

-S
-Scott

(01-05-2017, 11:39 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Willkommen, Morpheus!

Endlich finden wir Freiheit von dem Matrix!!! LOL

Wo hast Du über FT gelernt?... TeamAndro?.. BBSzene?...

-S
Danke Scott ! :- )
Nice german skills hehe, did u visit Germany ?
I read about it on TeamAndro, a mod in their Forum wrote about it, described some points of it and how he liked it. thats how i ended up here and buying your book biggrin
short question if you dont mind that i post it here:
as i mentioned, since last April, i have problems with my triceps (elbow area) with a tendinosis, have you experienced it with clients and have a tip for me ? what helps me is doing the stretching part of triceps exercices very slow and with light weight.

Kind regards
(01-05-2017, 08:29 PM)morpheus2112 Wrote: Danke Scott ! :- )
Nice german skills hehe, did u visit Germany ?
I read about it on TeamAndro, a mod in their Forum wrote about it, described some points of it and how he liked it. thats how i ended up here and buying your book biggrin
short question if you dont mind that i post it here:
as i mentioned, since last April, i have problems with my triceps (elbow area) with a tendinosis, have you experienced it with clients and have a tip for me ? what helps me is doing the stretching part of triceps exercices very slow and with light weight.

Kind regards
M,

Deutsch war mein Hauptfach an der Uni u. ich hab' dort zweimal gewohnt (Austausch student u. bei AEG in Nürnberg gearbeitet).

A true tendinosis is a tough one. I've got some thoughts and questions, but it's probably best (for the sake of folks seeing and responding) if you were to post a separate thread.

-S
-Scott

Id be interested to read that ^ too. Got 'niggles' . Hi morpheus2112