Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(04-19-2017, 09:10 PM)Altamir Wrote: Welcome aboard! Check out the log section. There are a few FT logs there that should hopefully give you a basic idea on how to run the program. I'll stress that reading the book a few times and thoroughly understanding it will help a lot more. Some of the logs are a little off (or REALLY off) in some ways, or people have made modifications, that maybe you don't need. So I'd use it to help fill in gaps in knowledge, not a replacement for the book. Smile

Welcome Lipapa and thanks, Altamir! (I can't bring my self to look in on the logs sections often for fear of what I might see now n' again... LOL)

Lipapa, you get a free site subscription with e-book purchase. (Just PM me your the transaction ID from your purchase email and I'll hook you up, if I haven't already. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
First post - here we go.

First of all, I am overwhelmed by Scott's patience and in-depth replies to really unique and personal questions. I've been more or less active in one or two bodybuilding forums, but the coaches there usually do not reply to specific questions. All you read is "this is too special; go hire me if you want me to answer stuff like this".
They also seem to ... not really understand questions (even well described ones)... at all ... in general ...
So, yeah, I did not expect someone as experienced as Scott to be in touch with his users like this. Can't describe the amount of respect I have.

Enough of that.

Who am I?

My name is Jonas. 23 years old, from Germany. Started studying Biochemistry last october in Frankfurt. Really nice institute for Biochemistry, I think. It helps me to deepen my knowledge concerning nutrition and metabolism and how the body works, ofc.

Started working out approx. six years ago. On/off training for ages, tho, sometimes six months or more no exercising at all. I managed to train continuously for about two years now.
My gains are okay, I guess, not too good.
Did a lot of bullshit, had tough months (overtraining, bad food choices, depression), but it's getting better for two months already.
I'm dieting for about eight weeks now, started FT training in january.
My approach is 16/8 intermittent fasting with carb back loading. Works really well; I'm gaining strength while losing fat.
Despite my poor appearance (physiquely [does that word exist?]), I think I got decent knowledge about nutrition and food choices, some training principles and supplements. I read papers for several years now, increasingly during the past ten months. Got good input from guys like Martin Berkhan (I hope name dropping is ok? If not, delete this sentence, please), too, coming to my own conclusions when comparing studies and articles from certain fitness gurus.

I want to finally quit with bullshitting around; getting strong in the first place. I made up an attempt I will post soonish, applying it when my diet is over in about six/seven weeks.

I did some ghostwriting concerning health/nutrition about a year ago, not too much, tho. Right now, I write several articles, planning to start blogging in a few months.

Oh well, this is probably way too much for a little "hello". Whatever.

PS: Scott, are you of german descent or something? Saw you posting in german here lol.

Photos: three weeks old. 1,80 m, 72,5 kg

[Image: oxl5ud5.jpg]
[Image: g0FwNo8.jpg]
(04-30-2017, 02:26 AM)Jona$ Wrote: First post - here we go.

First of all, I am overwhelmed by Scott's patience and in-depth replies to really unique and personal questions. I've been more or less active in one or two bodybuilding forums, but the coaches there usually do not reply to specific questions. All you read is "this is too special; go hire me if you want me to answer stuff like this".
They also seem to ... not really understand questions (even well described ones)... at all ... in general ...
So, yeah, I did not expect someone as experienced as Scott to be in touch with his users like this. Can't describe the amount of respect I have.

Enough of that.

Who am I?

My name is Jonas. 23 years old, from Germany. Started studying Biochemistry last october in Frankfurt. Really nice institute for Biochemistry, I think. It helps me to deepen my knowledge concerning nutrition and metabolism and how the body works, ofc.

Started working out approx. six years ago. On/off training for ages, tho, sometimes six months or more no exercising at all. I managed to train continuously for about two years now.
My gains are okay, I guess, not too good.
Did a lot of bullshit, had tough months (overtraining, bad food choices, depression), but it's getting better for two months already.
I'm dieting for about eight weeks now, started FT training in january.
My approach is 16/8 intermittent fasting with carb back loading. Works really well; I'm gaining strength while losing fat.
Despite my poor appearance (physiquely [does that word exist?]), I think I got decent knowledge about nutrition and food choices, some training principles and supplements. I read papers for several years now, increasingly during the past ten months. Got good input from guys like Martin Berkhan (I hope name dropping is ok? If not, delete this sentence, please), too, coming to my own conclusions when comparing studies and articles from certain fitness gurus.

I want to finally quit with bullshitting around; getting strong in the first place. I made up an attempt I will post soonish, applying it when my diet is over in about six/seven weeks.

I did some ghostwriting concerning health/nutrition about a year ago, not too much, tho. Right now, I write several articles, planning to start blogging in a few months.

Oh well, this is probably way too much for a little "hello". Whatever.

PS: Scott, are you of german descent or something? Saw you posting in german here lol.

Photos: three weeks old. 1,80 m, 72,5 kg

Hey Jonas!

Welcome aboard. Nice intro! Smile

Name dropping is not a problem, unless of course it's intentional advertising or (unnecessary) slander. Smile

Nein, ich habe Deutsch in der Oberschule und an der Uni studiert, und vor ~25 Jahre habe auch zweimal (1 Jahr insgesamt) in Deutschland gewöhnt. Während beider Besuchen habe ich richtig nur Deutsch gesprochen und deswegen kann ich mich heutzutage eine gute Menge noch erinnern.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Great content on here!!! Love the free sheets!!!Exclamation
Hey everyone,

After listening to Muscle Minds for quite some time, I decided to have a look more in depth into FT.

Met Scott on Sunday at Bodypower by chance as he as waiting for his round table Q and A ( I was the scottish guy Scott lol )

After a long chat and some awesome stories from a seriously humble guy I just had to join, download the e-book and try and progress.

Now I am probably going to confuse everyone with using kilograms etc in any logs I decide to do Wink I am trying to plan out my first week at the moment after reading some of the logs and ready to get going. Will be hard for me to bring the training days down to only 4 as I'm a complete addict to the gym. Currently finished competing for this year in Physique/Fitness Model with quite a few trophies and now looking to step up to Bodybuilding in a year or so's time. So really looking to grow like crazy and add to my weak points.

Sitting around 90kg at the moment which is about 200lbs and still very lean at 6 foot. So lets see what happens in the next year before I decide to cut for a comp again!

(05-16-2017, 07:07 AM)Sanchez1888 Wrote: Hey everyone,

After listening to Muscle Minds for quite some time, I decided to have a look more in depth into FT.

Met Scott on Sunday at Bodypower by chance as he as waiting for his round table Q and A ( I was the scottish guy Scott lol )

After a long chat and some awesome stories from a seriously humble guy I just had to join, download the e-book and try and progress.

Now I am probably going to confuse everyone with using kilograms etc in any logs I decide to do Wink I am trying to plan out my first week at the moment after reading some of the logs and ready to get going. Will be hard for me to bring the training days down to only 4 as I'm a complete addict to the gym. Currently finished competing for this year in Physique/Fitness Model with quite a few trophies and now looking to step up to Bodybuilding in a year or so's time. So really looking to grow like crazy and add to my weak points.

Sitting around 90kg at the moment which is about 200lbs and still very lean at 6 foot. So lets see what happens in the next year before I decide to cut for a comp again!

AWESOME TO SEE YOU HERE, BUD!!! Glad you decided to come over! (Nice chat, too, BTW. I enjoy that. Smile )

As it's turned out, much of the Q and A has ended up in one monstrous thread, started by my friend Kris Pisarcik (mentalflex - RIP), located here:

FT Questions....

-S
-Scott

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a recovering program hopper with some nagging injuries. Bought the FT book a few weeks ago and just finished my first week yesterday. I'm gonna start a log with more information about myself and a summary of my first week. Looking forward to sharing information and gains with everybody!

quick info

32 y/o male, in the gym since I was 18
competed once at the INBF Hercules in 2010, Novice division, was 175lbs at 6'2" on stage

Currently sitting around 210lbs
Just bought FT, read a little into it before hand and can't wait to start!

I'll probably be asking some daft questions and will no doubt get to the answers in time!

If anyone has forum links to workouts they've done etc, any help would be great

Trained on and off since I was 25, that's 13 yrs now....

38, Sitting at 219lbs approx 18-20% BF, after a 20lb loss for a family holiday.....

Cheers
Carl
(05-21-2017, 03:56 PM)UKCarl Wrote: Just bought FT, read a little into it before hand and can't wait to start!

I'll probably be asking some daft questions and will no doubt get to the answers in time!

If anyone has forum links to workouts they've done etc, any help would be great

Trained on and off since I was 25, that's 13 yrs now....

38, Sitting at 219lbs approx 18-20% BF, after a 20lb loss for a family holiday.....

Cheers
Carl

Welcome, Carl!

Now that you've got subscriber status, you'll see there's an entire forum for training logs. Smile Altamir's got a great one, for example. Smile

-S
-Scott

Hello all brother fotitudians! I am a 37 y/o fire fighter from Georgia USA