Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hi,
I got the FT book about a year ago but never finished reading it (sorry). I was just starting my first run of DC and was researching around it a bit.

After a bit of a gym layoff I've been back for a few weeks now and, more or less, got my lifts back to where they should be -- so I've been wondering whether to go back to something I've run before or try something new. DC was fun but shoulder and knee pain ensured...

So I dusted off my copy of FT and finally read it -- and this looks great!

I have a few questions, I'll try and find the right forum for them. But like the sound of the workout and, all going well, I'll start my first run at it this week.

Thanks -- and nice to meet you all!
(07-09-2018, 10:20 AM)Magma Wrote: Hi,
I got the FT book about a year ago but never finished reading it (sorry). I was just starting my first run of DC and was researching around it a bit.

After a bit of a gym layoff I've been back for a few weeks now and, more or less, got my lifts back to where they should be -- so I've been wondering whether to go back to something I've run before or try something new. DC was fun but shoulder and knee pain ensured...

So I dusted off my copy of FT and finally read it -- and this looks great!

I have a few questions, I'll try and find the right forum for them. But like the sound of the workout and, all going well, I'll start my first run at it this week.

Thanks -- and nice to meet you all!

Welcome, Magma!

Glad you're back in the swing of lifting again. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello everybody,
My user name is mnewman and I have gotten back into training two and a half years ago after being away for 25+ yrs. Training on my own with a little help with my diet and some pointers from a few guys in the gym I have gone from 245 with 35% ft to 196 with 10% back in August. I have been trying to gain some more muscle and have stalled. Hoping Fortitude training will be the answer. I worked for Bill Kazmier back in the 80's so familiar with hormonal supplement and hardcore training.
(07-11-2018, 03:34 AM)mnewman Wrote: Hello everybody,
My user name is mnewman and I have gotten back into training two and a half years ago after being away for 25+ yrs. Training on my own with a little help with my diet and some pointers from a few guys in the gym I have gone from 245 with 35% ft to 196 with 10% back in August. I have been trying to gain some more muscle and have stalled. Hoping Fortitude training will be the answer. I worked for Bill Kazmier back in the 80's so familiar with hormonal supplement and hardcore training.

Welcome and congrats on getting back on the horse! It's never too late!!!

I got to meet Bill a couple years ago at a Symposium in Canada. (We sat on a discussion panel together, or rather I was lucky enough to be invited to be on the panel he was on. Smile )

You might be acquainted with / know Dr. Terry Todd?... FYI, he passed just a few days ago. I think he was 80... Sad

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(07-11-2018, 11:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Welcome and congrats on getting back on the horse! It's never too late!!!

I got to meet Bill a couple years ago at a Symposium in Canada. (We sat on a discussion panel together, or rather I was lucky enough to be invited to be on the panel he was on. Smile )

You might be acquainted with / know Dr. Terry Todd?... FYI, he passed just a few days ago. I think he was 80... Sad

-S

Yes, I heard. He and his wife lived in Auburn, Al. when Bill Lived there.
(07-12-2018, 11:26 AM)mnewman Wrote: Yes, I heard. He and his wife lived in Auburn, Al. when Bill Lived there.

Sad

Yes, I recall that.

(I TA'd for Jan, teaching weight training classes when I was at UT Austin, and a few of their powerlifters were my "assistant TA's," so I got to train with the PL team there a few times.)

-S
-Scott

I’m skinny
Just bought the ebook a week ago and did my first week.. just here to read and get a better understanding of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-20-2018, 10:29 AM)skinnyguy180 Wrote: I’m skinny
Just bought the ebook a week ago and did my first week.. just here to read and get a better understanding of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know when it's time to change your userid! Smile

-S
-Scott

Hey Dr. Scott,

Thanks for providing this great program. I begin tomorrow morning and can't wait to start something brand new in my training. You don't by chance have an excel version of the worksheets do you? I was going to plug in my workouts I have trouble writing small enough in the sheets to fit the boxes. If not all good I will work on mocking one up.

Regards,

Ian
(07-23-2018, 09:33 AM)HoneyBadger Wrote: Hey Dr. Scott,

Thanks for providing this great program. I begin tomorrow morning and can't wait to start something brand new in my training. You don't by chance have an excel version of the worksheets do you? I was going to plug in my workouts I have trouble writing small enough in the sheets to fit the boxes. If not all good I will work on mocking one up.

Regards,

Ian

Hey Ian!

You're welcome. There are versions of excel logs for FT floating around, but I've not put one out.

You could possibly convert the sheet to a .jpg (various ways, including taking a screen shot of it) and then paste into a word doc, and expand the image to be larger (showing only one portion at a time) and then print in expanded pieces....

I just use a ring binder that hold 3 x 5 index cards. Two workouts / side and 4 workouts / card. I can then flip back three week (e.g., for Loading sets) by going back three cards. The same workouts (Day X) will be on the same place on a card each time, so I can quickly flip through cards to see what I've done for MR's, for instance and find one I would like to do again or want to progress on that day.

302 Found

302 Found

-S
-Scott