Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(02-23-2016, 04:59 AM)MaxDog Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I just purchase the Fortitude Training e-book after reading Scott's articles and hearing his interviews on various sites, including Mountaindogdiet.

I am 43 years old and have been training off and on for over 25 years. I have done everything from tradtional bodybuilding style workouts to DC training, Mentzer/Yates, and Wendler's 5/3/1

I just came off of a two year stint doing Mountian Dog training (probably 8 programs). I also worked with John directly for about a year and made some really great changes. And of course, John is a very intelligent and phenomenal person and treats you like you are his only client!

During that time, my wife and I had a new born, yes we are late bloomers--and things started to deteriorate with respect to recovery etc. I just found MD Training to be too hard to recover from these days, so I thought I would change things up and give FT a go.

Interestingly , I made the best progress when I was hitting body parts twice per week, even under MD training. I would do a push pull leg x2 but taper back the volume and intensity back on the second workout.

That all said, I am not a Bodybuilding competitor (as my wife would have none of that) but I do like to follow the lifestyle as much as I can. I do not use "super sups" but follow the diet principles and supplement principles (e.g., intra workout, creatine whey) However, I do need flexibility for my job and family life so finding the right balance is always key.

Anyway, sorry to be long winded but I am really looking forward to hitting FT. I will run it for a year ( as I hate program hopping) and then reasses.

So thanks for creating an awesome looking program Scott!

All the best, Mike

You're welcome, Mike.

GREAT INTRO! Looking forward to seeing how you do with FT - I have a stinking suspicion you're going to enjoy it. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Wade checking in here. Just starting out and looking to start my first week of FT tomorrow.

Oh lawd.......please allow me to be on the gains train.
(03-08-2016, 11:23 AM)D-Wade7288 Wrote: Wade checking in here. Just starting out and looking to start my first week of FT tomorrow.

Oh lawd.......please allow me to be on the gains train.

Hit it hard and trust the program, if you build it gains will come! LOL

Start a log. They're pretty popular here.

Oh, and Welcome aboard!
Since getting my a** of the couch in 2005, I've done all of the P90x series, Insanity and Body Beast. I've competed in Spartan Races and Acceleration programs. Now I feel the urge to kick it up a notch, lay off the cardio and put on some mass.

I've got a nice home gym with squat rack, iron master dumbbells, lat pull down machine and seated cable rows that have really laid the foundation for my training.

I've been working on my Squat and RDL form and have made some gains with Stoppani's Short Cut to Mass.

Reading about DC and Total Body workouts, I need to be efficient in my weight routine since I have a "real job" Smile Can only work out 90 minutes first thing in the morning. I roll out of bed and hit it hard.

Ready to take on FT and all the pain and gain it brings! (Really looks interesting and highly customizable) Very excited!
Phamily,

You can do a lot with that set-up. Welcome and ENJOY!!!

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
hi everyone ,
posting from the uk ,very new to FT still reading the ebook , hopefully monday i should be able to get it on the go i will have to tweek it to fit a 3 day program being a house husband of 3 boys and work its all i can squeeze in but followed a push pull legs style for a few years but its time to try a whole new style , ill try start a log of sorts when i have got things rolling . cheers guys.
Hello everyone. I'm a 41-year-old father of three married for 15 years. Was running DC training for the last year and a half or so. I actually got really good results from it. Was just getting a little mentally burnt from it. A bodybuilder that I respect a great deal decided to switch over to FT training. He somebody who's not easily swayed, so I decided to look into it. I got the book about four or five months ago, and have read it through several times. I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the training, and plan to implement within the next few weeks.I wanted to create an account here to be around other people who are training in the same ways in case I have any glitches or problems understanding the training. Very excited to get started.
Welcome aboard. Plenty of people here posting logs and reading each others.
It's a great way to learn and tweak the training.
(03-30-2016, 01:18 PM)Elliott k Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm a 41-year-old father of three married for 15 years. Was running DC training for the last year and a half or so. I actually got really good results from it. Was just getting a little mentally burnt from it. A bodybuilder that I respect a great deal decided to switch over to FT training. He somebody who's not easily swayed, so I decided to look into it. I got the book about four or five months ago, and have read it through several times. I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the training, and plan to implement within the next few weeks.I wanted to create an account here to be around other people who are training in the same ways in case I have any glitches or problems understanding the training. Very excited to get started.

Glad you're here, Elliot. As Dens mentioned - lots of info. accumulating to help keep you on track. Smile

-S
-Scott

Bought the book, looking forward to getting my head round it all and starting training.