Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Delt.
On the one rotation in three where I do barbell work for chest (as opposed to dumbbells or machine), I find delts get hammered (stabiliser effect maybe, or possibly a function of going a little too heavy to make it "all chest"?) So, that once-in-three gets a rear delt follow-up rather than regular delt pressing, for example.

Kind of like when my one of three rotation for back starts with deadlifts - I'm so wrecked from these that my next back exercise is actually a comfortable seated trap machine (again, away from the norm of a traditional back width followed by back thickness set-up).

That's maybe not in the spirit of FT 100% but, then again, the training system is also about using what works for you.
I've been working rear delts in on the delt pump sets and muscle rounds based on my perceived recovery. I try to mix in a rear delt exercise, usually reverse pec deck or bent-over pulley machine, at least once a week, usually more. I also try not to get too systematic about it (getting too systematic is one of my personal faults). This is based on Tier II, btw.

Since moving to tier 2 it has been a lot easier to pop rear delts in. Was always worried if having one set of it being rear rather than say a pressing movement.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(05-31-2016, 11:03 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: i'd suggest getting creative with your pump sets:

Pick up a pair of DB's and do 5 standing side laterals, then bend over and do 5 reps bent over, then back up for 4 more standing up, etc.

Also: Do Pendlay Rows for back - a hell of a lot better back builder than face pulls, IMO, and hits the rear delts.

-S

Just catching back up on this and tweaking a few things....and was colin back to this thread to say....gonna use penally rows in with back somewhere

TOUCHE. Awesome. Im on it!