Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hello everybody!

I’ve recently bought both fortitude training and BYOBBC, while I love to lift I also do mma after reading through the books I see some things I can definitely use now and in the future. I was curious if you(Dr. Stevenson) had worked with anyone doing MMA. I already use nutrient timing which I find very beneficial. Do you think your water manipulation strategy would work for someone in a situation where I’d want to make weight then quickly put the weight back on? I know the book said if you are to flat going into the manipulation it could not work so that is what I am concerned with. I don’t have anything in the immediate future and definitely would run a trial. But was just curious if you had any experience or small tips on things you would change!

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-21-2019, 06:10 AM)kmcgehee23 Wrote: Hello everybody!

I’ve recently bought both fortitude training and BYOBBC, while I love to lift I also do mma after reading through the books I see some things I can definitely use now and in the future. I was curious if you(Dr. Stevenson) had worked with anyone doing MMA. I already use nutrient timing which I find very beneficial. Do you think your water manipulation strategy would work for someone in a situation where I’d want to make weight then quickly put the weight back on? I know the book said if you are to flat going into the manipulation it could not work so that is what I am concerned with. I don’t have anything in the immediate future and definitely would run a trial. But was just curious if you had any experience or small tips on things you would change!

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had one client in particular who is high level (black belt now) in BJJ who rolled during his entire preps with me.

YEs, the strategies would work, but I'm not going to give any suggestions without knowing your situation. (The peak week strategy there is for someone training int eh gym as a bodybuilder, not doing MMA, so the entire weeks' training would be VERY different. It's all a matter of timing wrt weigh in, etc. - Really no specific tiny tips can be given that I'd feel would be appropriate without context. )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi, I'm new here.

Have been running FT tier 1 but after 3 weeks I saw I wasn't really doing it 100% correctly (for instance I did muscle rounds on ALL leg excercises on day 3). Even though it was a short experience, I very much enjoyed it.

I have a couple of questions but it seems like I can't start a new thread in the questions about FT subforum. Not sure Why unfortunatly.

Looking forward to read all the info here!

Thanks Scott!
Hi guys

Thought I would introduce myself - I actually bought the Fortitude ebook back in 2016 and to my shame only now am I finally getting around to trying out the program properly.

A bit about me - I'm 41 (well for a few more weeks...) from the UK and have been training off and on for 15 years or so (never particularly seriously I should add) .

Currently hovering around 210lbs but to be anywhere near lean I would say I'd need to get down closer to 185.

Generally I've followed a PPL routine, with a few periods of bro splits when my work schedule permitted. More recently I've dipped into full body and upper/lower splits (taking inspiration from JP's posts), and more importantly documenting my progress which led to me revisiting Fortitude.

I'll admit I felt lost at first trying to understand the system but I'm gradually getting there. I'm 3 weeks into my first blast following the 3 day variation from the book - starting at Tier 1 but feeling ready to move onto Tier 2.

Some of the concepts are still a bit fuzzy, for example zig zagging - I'll set up a log and post
my routine there, (I'll come back and edit this post to add the link). If anyone could take a look
at my proposed schedule and offer any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to participating in the forums
Welcome, Brizo!!!

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi I have recently purchased the Ft ebook and have started the journey. I am currently on a lazy keto and have had some fantastic results dropped 25 kilo since Jan. I am looking to have a crack at a bodybuilding shoe late next year and hope that this type if training can help me get there. I was wondering if the be your own bodybuilding coach is a useful tool for preparing and what people's thoughts are who have used this reference tool. Love the forum and the responses are really helpful and inciteful. Cheers from Down under
(08-11-2019, 04:14 AM)Delt123 Wrote: Hi, I'm new here.

Have been running FT tier 1 but after 3 weeks I saw I wasn't really doing it 100% correctly (for instance I did muscle rounds on ALL leg excercises on day 3). Even though it was a short experience, I very much enjoyed it.

I have a couple of questions but it seems like I can't start a new thread in the questions about FT subforum. Not sure Why unfortunatly.

Looking forward to read all the info here!

Thanks Scott!

Sorry if I missed this / we've not chatted bout this - check your FT purchase email for how to get on to the board. Smile Smile Smile

-S

-Scott

(08-19-2019, 07:42 AM)Matnell Wrote: Hi I have recently purchased the Ft ebook and have started the journey. I am currently on a lazy keto and have had some fantastic results dropped 25 kilo since Jan. I am looking to have a crack at a bodybuilding shoe late next year and hope that this type if training can help me get there. I was wondering if the be your own bodybuilding coach is a useful tool for preparing and what people's thoughts are who have used this reference tool. Love the forum and the responses are really helpful and inciteful. Cheers from Down under

Welcome!

Congrats on your success!

I'll leave it to others to respond about the book, but just say that it's a consolidation of what I've learned over nearly 40yr of bodybuilding. Hopefully that gives it some value.

-S
-Scott

Hi Matnell,

congratulations on your success so far.
I can only recommend the new book by Dr.Scott and I am sure that you will like it very much if you already liked the FT book. It is one of the books I recommend to anyone looking for practical tips and recommendations for their journey in physique sports/bodybuilding. Here are the advantages/strengths of the book: You'll get a complete overview of the different topics and phases, not just theoretical information, but a combination of theory, anecdotal evidence and a handful of practical tools. This makes it easy to apply the information directly to your situation.

(12-29-2014, 02:17 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Dearest IBB members,

D/t a glitch in the database system (I've looked into it several times without resolution), if you've *never* posted on the board, you account will be deleted eventually.

From what I can tell, simply posting something - anything - remedies this.

If you've never posted on the board, or simply would like to introduce yourself, please post here.

Thanks!

-Scott

‐---‐------------

Hi,

Im not sure about the concept of tier I, II and III... when i look to the blank program at the page 102 and its write for load set in the forst tier:
Rest 2min
Thigh 1set
Quad 1set
Ham 1set
So, 1 set to failure for each exercice in the 6-12rep range aand thats it? After a warm up.

ANd when its write adductors 1set and calf 2 sets? I do 1 set adductor to failure and 1 set to failure calf, rest 1.min and other failure for calf?