Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(05-20-2015, 02:25 PM)jackman Wrote: Welcome! Yes you are zig-zagin them. It will look like:

Thigh
Quad
Thigh
Ham
Thigh

There are great examples explaining this on page 90 (for all Tiers) in the book. Check them out. Smile

Thanks!
Hi everyone, I'm new to this style of training. I'm a prior college football player so I have been weight training for the past 17 years straight, but it has already been geared towards function and athleticism (power cleans, snatch, squat, bench etc.) To give you an idea of heavy lifting for 17 years I only started consistently doing bicep curls around 10 weeks.

I am trying to piece together my workouts so I can start FT and am trying to figure out when looking at the program when is it suppose to be a complex lift and when should it be an isolation exercise? Thanks in advance for any advice.
HI all, i'm richie or rich for short. bought the book after seeing multiple people talking about it over on tmuscle. Loved the book as i'm hoping to pursue a career in physiology. Loving the training even more so, especially the leg work. I always hated traditional leg days and the pump sets, muscle rounds and zig zagging is a great way of busting through it.
(05-27-2015, 03:13 AM)Mraney Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm new to this style of training. I'm a prior college football player so I have been weight training for the past 17 years straight, but it has already been geared towards function and athleticism (power cleans, snatch, squat, bench etc.) To give you an idea of heavy lifting for 17 years I only started consistently doing bicep curls around 10 weeks.

I am trying to piece together my workouts so I can start FT and am trying to figure out when looking at the program when is it suppose to be a complex lift and when should it be an isolation exercise? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mraney,

Check the description of the different Set Types (Use the Hyperindex at the very end of the ebook to find those sections). The describes how you pick exercises for each set type. Smile

(06-08-2015, 07:55 AM)Rich.A Wrote: HI all, i'm richie or rich for short. bought the book after seeing multiple people talking about it over on tmuscle. Loved the book as i'm hoping to pursue a career in physiology. Loving the training even more so, especially the leg work. I always hated traditional leg days and the pump sets, muscle rounds and zig zagging is a great way of busting through it.

Rich,

Glad you're diggin' it! Smile

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi guys,

Just purchased the E-Book today along with Meadow's Mountain Dog Diet as some extra reading. Became interested in the training after @Pscarb put up his latest video blog.

I am a 22 year old that is currently competing. I come from a background of martial arts and rugby, both at very high levels but due to university and enjoying the weight training more than the activity it was for, I switched to bodybuilding. Entered my first show earlier this year and qualified for national finals however it was a student show and only offered physique (apparently I was too big at 220lbs and 6ft). I am currently looking at competing next April in the UKBFF as it will be the final year of juniors for me. Currently I am dieting down as after my last show I did not reverse diet efficiently and gained excess fat, so timing a small cut with an upcoming holiday so that when I get back I can start my lean bulk.

Starting on my FT journey tomorrow and will be logging it offline and uploading weekly updates of it as well as progress pictures. I like the variety that the program offers as I have tried many and have become a bit stagnated in regards to training. The only challenge for me will be the gym itself as it is a commercial Fitness First which means (a) lack of variety in machines/equipment and (b) they are spread out meaning retaining them will be difficult. May have to look at travelling over to Bristol to train at Ministry of Fitness.

. Currently have a partial tear in a rotator cuff and a damaged labrum, but am rehabbing and continuing with training. It was undiagnosed for months so it is nice to know what it is and how to fix it!

Really looking forward to this program. Lately I have been on a low carb diet (not my strong area at all so all help is appreciated) so will slowly be upping the calories. I am also doing fasted cardio 3-4 times a week for 30minutes on the stair master which I will reduce weekly by around 20% as John Meadows recommends. Hopefully this way I will be able to cope with the volume from FT whilst also continuing to lean up whilst increasing my calorific intake.

Look forward to starting and getting some great results! I am sure I will need some help on things so expect me being that annoying questioner!Angel

(06-17-2015, 08:06 AM)HammerHarris Wrote: Hi guys,

Just purchased the E-Book today along with Meadow's Mountain Dog Diet as some extra reading. Became interested in the training after @Pscarb put up his latest video blog.

Starting on my FT journey tomorrow and will be logging it offline and uploading weekly updates of it as well as progress pictures. I like the variety that the program offers as I have tried many and have become a bit stagnated in regards to training. The only challenge for me will be the gym itself as it is a commercial Fitness First which means (a) lack of variety in machines/equipment and (b) they are spread out meaning retaining them will be difficult. May have to look at travelling over to Bristol to train at Ministry of Fitness.

. Currently have a partial tear in a rotator cuff and a damaged labrum, but am rehabbing and continuing with training. It was undiagnosed for months so it is nice to know what it is and how to fix it!

Really looking forward to this program. Lately I have been on a low carb diet (not my strong area at all so all help is appreciated) so will slowly be upping the calories. I am also doing fasted cardio 3-4 times a week for 30minutes on the stair master which I will reduce weekly by around 20% as John Meadows recommends. Hopefully this way I will be able to cope with the volume from FT whilst also continuing to lean up whilst increasing my calorific intake.

Look forward to starting and getting some great results! I am sure I will need some help on things so expect me being that annoying questioner!Angel

Hey HH!

Welcome! Feel free to set up a log, of course. A good bit of what you mention above as potential hurdles has been discussed here (e.g., exercise selection for zig zagging), so solutions are out there. If not, post up your Q's and well find solutions. Smile

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi everyone, I just bought ft last night, as I'm changing my training and goals, I've trained for powerlifting and strongman for quite a few years with plenty of injuries between stopping progress and causing me to start from scratch quite often, so I've decided to try look like a bodybuilder, i switched to a standard bodybuilding program a few months ago but I'm not getting the results I want and it just doesn't feel like I'm training near my abilities, so for this reason I'm going to jump straight in with the 'family man plan' on tier 2, hopefully I've written my program out correctly and will see good results.
Start a log which is the best way to ensure I's are dotted and T's are crossed my friend. Smile
USMC 0311 Combat Veteran 1999-2003

Darkhorse0311 Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtvxY6A3lQ
(06-27-2015, 10:08 AM)Darkhorse0311 Wrote: Start a log which is the best way to ensure I's are dotted and T's are crossed my friend. Smile

Good advice!

(06-27-2015, 12:03 AM)darkside Wrote: Hi everyone, I just bought ft last night, as I'm changing my training and goals, I've trained for powerlifting and strongman for quite a few years with plenty of injuries between stopping progress and causing me to start from scratch quite often, so I've decided to try look like a bodybuilder, i switched to a standard bodybuilding program a few months ago but I'm not getting the results I want and it just doesn't feel like I'm training near my abilities, so for this reason I'm going to jump straight in with the 'family man plan' on tier 2, hopefully I've written my program out correctly and will see good results.

Is this the darkside from over at ugbb??
(06-27-2015, 12:03 AM)darkside Wrote: Hi everyone, I just bought ft last night, as I'm changing my training and goals, I've trained for powerlifting and strongman for quite a few years with plenty of injuries between stopping progress and causing me to start from scratch quite often, so I've decided to try look like a bodybuilder, i switched to a standard bodybuilding program a few months ago but I'm not getting the results I want and it just doesn't feel like I'm training near my abilities, so for this reason I'm going to jump straight in with the 'family man plan' on tier 2, hopefully I've written my program out correctly and will see good results.

Good to see you over here, big man.
With your lifting background, I suspect FT and you will be a great combination.