Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comments/Questions After 2nd Blast of FT
Since I wrote my thoughts after blast #1 of FT training a while back. I thought I'd do the same after my second blast. I'll do my best to keep this organized Smile

1. First and foremost, the 2nd time around was quite a bit different than the first. I believe this is because I improved my pump sets. What I mean is the first time it was like I went until I just couldn't get past the burn (for lack of a better way of saying it). This time around I was able to treat them much more like working, high rep sets. Probably doesn't make a lot of sense the way I just said that. But if you can read into my wording, it just means my pump sets became much more effective.

2. Another difference is that the first time I went Tier 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3. Quite sure I took it too far and (because of vacation timing) didn't do a proper 2 week cruise. But after a week off for family vacation, I was able to come back feeling fresh for the 2nd blast. This time I did Tiers, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2. Never felt the need to go to tier 3. And by the last half of week 5, I could feel that it was time to take a cruise which started tonight.

3. Strength - the strength gains really came this time around. I notice it most in legs. But honestly upper body is stronger too, just not as much as my leg strength has improved. So upper body strength gains are good, but overshadowed. Example - before FT training I was stuck at squats of 275x5. Last week, I popped off 315x9 Good deep, hamstrings on calves, squats. Very happy about that progression.

4. I had quit cardio all together halfway through the first blast. As a natural fat boy, that didn't go real well for me. So I have been doing 20 minutes of cardio post workout. Keeping my heart rate between 120-125. Seems to be going ok as long as I listen to my body and take the cruises at proper times. And I presume this is also part of why I needed to stay at Tier 2.

So that's it. Still loving it.

Two things I have not worked into FT training yet are deadlifts and shrugs. Does anyone else work these in?
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to jonmiller for this post:
  • Altamir, Scott Stevenson, _jais_

Messages In This Thread
Comments/Questions After 2nd Blast of FT - by jonmiller - 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM