Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of questions !
(09-23-2016, 09:24 PM)Altamir Wrote: I would personally take the cruise, as I've sometimes short changed myself on cruises before and paid for it down the line. Also I personally feel that the cruises are extremely important for resetting insulin sensitivity and appetite. Since you are feeling fresher this may be great opportunity to focus on lagging body part or two on your cruise. So maybe don't think of it as backing off early, but as a chance to do some specialization work. Wink Also as you get better at running FT, your blasts, you'll get a better idea of when you can push and back down. So as you approach weeks 5 and 6 you can take a bit of a physical inventory and know, man I need to push harder, I need to lay off, or I'm right where I need to be. For myself personally Tier I is place I can progress and recover, Tier II is a good spot for me to sit and make gains and slowly build up fatigue. Tier III is lights out, one week and done.

As far as the three week rotation goes, you want to milk your progression on a lift as long as possible. You can't keep adding reps and weight to the bar forever and ever. Training a lift every week is going to allow you to progress quicker, but also STALL quicker, and the strength adaptation will be more CNS, less muscular. Rotating the lift is going to allow you to progress slower, but progress LONGER, more importantly the strength adaptation will be more muscular, and less CNS.

Very good answer! Much appreciated, maybe next rotation I can see where I am at week 4 and then push to Tier 3 as I have avoided it so far !

Messages In This Thread
Couple of questions ! - by masonator - 09-23-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Couple of questions ! - by Altamir - 09-23-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Couple of questions ! - by masonator - 09-23-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Couple of questions ! - by Scott Stevenson - 09-24-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: Couple of questions ! - by masonator - 10-04-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Couple of questions ! - by Scott Stevenson - 10-05-2016, 02:11 AM