Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pump set advice
(12-31-2016, 01:20 AM)_jais_ Wrote: Without starting another thread wanted to jump in on this thread with a pump set question. The one thing I'm kind of struggling with on my pump sets is how to warm-up. Right now I'm on Teir 2 and yesterday I picked;

Leg Press-Goblet Squats-Standing Calf Raises
Leg Press(different foot position)-Corner Squats-Seated Calf Raises

In between the super-sets I obviously don't warm up, but going into my first super-set I'm always doing something different. I will run through the super-set a couple times with lighter weights ramping up to my main set or I'll just warm up on the first exercise a few sets and then jump into the super-set. Both ways work but I'm wondering how you all do it?

Opinions/suggestions welcome!

I stretch out as needed and usually do a single warm-up on whatever machines I'll be using, to figure out what weight I'll be using, as well as be somewhat sure I can access those machines for the pump sets.

As I've said before, warm-ups are about warming up, and that can differ day in an day out (and season and temperature, etc.), so I'd generally avoid trying to make the warm-up some kind of standardized protocol that might end up not being enough to really get you ready for the Pump Sets.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Pump set advice - by masonator - 05-12-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: Pump set advice - by Altamir - 05-12-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: Pump set advice - by masonator - 05-12-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Pump set advice - by Altamir - 05-12-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Pump set advice - by _jais_ - 12-31-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: Pump set advice - by Scott Stevenson - 01-01-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Pump set advice - by _jais_ - 01-01-2017, 01:16 AM
RE: Pump set advice - by Scott Stevenson - 01-01-2017, 11:32 PM