Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intensive Cruise Critique
No problem man, It just looked like you were stuffing a lot of training into your last week of your cruise. It just appears like your focus, albeit, very well intended, is on the wrong part right now. Don't sweat about "fully harnessing the super compensatory effect" of the cruise. You got a sick, it was well timed since it was on a down swing of training. Best option is to NOT try and play catch up, but to get yourself back on track so that you are fully ready to start training hard again. Very glad your MR session went VERY well. Smile

So you can never go wrong with autoregulated things, however, I also think it helps to have a template to start off with. So I personally like to run as much space as possible between training sessions on a cruise. Just so I'm hitting every session as fresh as possible. I also like to put a little bit of an extra break up front. (At least one extra day, which usually works out to 2 days) Page 82 suggests training 2-3x/week or once every 3-4 days. I personally usually end up doing 2 training sessions a week, not quite spaced 3-4 days apart, since I have bit of a fixed schedule. So it usually goes, extra day off up front, training, rest, training, break until next blast, since I typically run 4 week blasts. Same principles can be applied to the 6 week blast/2 week cruise.

Messages In This Thread
Intensive Cruise Critique - by nick xynias - 03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Intensive Cruise Critique - by Altamir - 03-05-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Intensive Cruise Critique - by nick xynias - 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM
RE: Intensive Cruise Critique - by Altamir - 03-06-2018, 10:18 PM
RE: Intensive Cruise Critique - by nick xynias - 03-08-2018, 09:26 AM