Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Basic Tier II Setup
This is my current plan for group A, I plan to do B and C at a later date. I am just curios is this a good strategy (see pics) since I will base the next group and weeks off I this.

[Image: 3b3051d3bd62e47cb0d5bd5f6cf4206d.jpg][Image: 50747ae079d1c63e14fd43e95fd2cdbf.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-29-2018, 02:50 AM)JERRYB Wrote: This is my current plan for group A, I plan to do B and C at a later date. I am just curios is this a good strategy (see pics) since I will base the next group and weeks off I this.

[Image: 3b3051d3bd62e47cb0d5bd5f6cf4206d.jpg][Image: 50747ae079d1c63e14fd43e95fd2cdbf.jpg]

Hey Jerry,

Asking whether your exercise selection for Loading Sets is good is somewhat like asking or now you should like strawberry ice cream. Those are chosen based your preference for go to exercises you can progress well on.

However, hack squats are not a great choice for an isolation exercise for quads, unless perhaps you're doing a sissy squat for them.

You auto-filled the rep ranges for Loading sets on Day 1 and your spreadsheet interpreted "6-12" as a date. (Look there and you'll see what I mean.)

Pump sets are auto regulated / chosen on the fly. You'd not necessarily plan those out.

You seem to want to be zig-zagging all of the upper body (Back, chest and delt) exercises into one continuous grouping. Check the book on about page 89 for examples on how you zigzagging is done for those muscle groups. (Hint: You zig-zag back, stretch and then move to chest, where you'd warm up and the train that muscle group, followed by it's stretch, etc.)

You would auto regulate your exercises for MR's, and NOT do the same exercise for more than one MR on a given day. (For instance, you'd not want to do two MR's of rear delts)

I'd be wary of doing oblique twists for a MR, honestly. You might include that exercise for a pump set earlier in the week, however. (I don't know how you're doing those exactly however. )

I'd suggest reading through the descriptions in the e-book on how to do each of the Set Types again. (Most of what I say above is found there.)

If you go here you can download the overview sheets and training logs which might help you organize a bit better: https://fortitudetraining.e-junkie.com

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I appreciate the response. Where I am a bit lost is what is the difference between 1MR and 2MR? I have delts 2 MR listed are you saying don’t do two exercises when it comes to delts for muscle rounds, or are you saying don’t don’t two exercises that are the same. For instance I should only do rear delt on the pec fly for 1MR and then my 2nd MR would be a different selection of an exercise like lateral raises? Since it should be one muscle round set for a specific muscle?

Also for zig zagging, should I only zig zag one muscle group per work out, or only zig zag when I am done with a muscle group? For instance let’s say chest was first and then back. Would this be acceptable?

Chest smith machine
Cable fly
Chest smith machine
Cable fly

Stretch

Back

Rows 2x6-12
No zig zag preferred here, or zig zag here with an isolation because I am done with chest.

Stretch

Delts etc.

I hope it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-31-2018, 01:01 AM)JERRYB Wrote: I appreciate the response. Where I am a bit lost is what is the difference between 1MR and 2MR? I have delts 2 MR listed are you saying don’t do two exercises when it comes to delts for muscle rounds, or are you saying don’t don’t two exercises that are the same.

I'm saying don't do the same exercise for two MR's. If you have two MR's on a given day for a given muscle, do exercises that hit that muscle differently in most cases. (Would you really want to do two rear delt exercises on nothing for the middle and/or front heads of the delt?)

Page 95 in the book.

Quote:. For instance I should only do rear delt on the pec fly for 1MR and then my 2nd MR would be a different selection of an exercise like lateral raises? Since it should be one muscle round set for a specific muscle?

Maybe.

If you see page 95 in the book, I've really explained it the best way I can, TBH.

Quote:Also for zig zagging, should I only zig zag one muscle group per work out, or only zig zag when I am done with a muscle group? For instance let’s say chest was first and then back. Would this be acceptable?

Chest smith machine
Cable fly
Chest smith machine
Cable fly

Stretch

Back

Rows 2x6-12
No zig zag preferred here, or zig zag here with an isolation because I am done with chest.

Stretch

Delts etc.

I hope it makes sense.

I get the sense you're not reading the book and looking at the examples there.

The figure on page 94 shows you how you'd zig-zag Day 2 loading sets.

There are also examples on page 89 and 90.

Zig-Zagging is just the alternation between a compound and an isolation movement for a given muscle group.

You're NOT going to do LOADING sets for a back exercise, then a chest exercise then a delt exercise, and etc.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.