Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stve75 traing log
This log is my first week at FT training. I think the volume was about right but i may move to T2 in the near future when I become more familiar program. In relation to MR's once i failed on a set I amended the load and carried on with the next set, does anybody repeat the failure set with lighter load and continue from there ?

In the next 2 weeks I will commencing a mini cut as my last mass was slightly longer than I wanted. Anybody have advice for progression in this period ? I know trying to progress in a defecit is difficult, I am hoping to maintain during this period which should end around the time of my first blast.

Day 1 lower load
Thigh
Low bar squat 120 x 9 F
2m rest
Quad
Thigh ext 65 x 13 F
2m rest
Ham
Lying leg curl 40 x 10 F
Stretch Quads
Adductors 57.5 x 35
Upper pump
Chest / back
Pecdec 30 – 5’s + 10 full reps SSW Lat pull down ( normal grip) 40 – 5’s + 3 partials
Stretch chest / back
Shoulder / Abs
Iso shoulder press - 20 x 30 + partials SSW Kneeling rope crunch 50 x 30 + partials
Stretch shoulders
Bi / Tri
Ez bar curl – 10 x 21’s + 10 full stretch SSW Ez bar seated tricep curl 10 – 5’s + partials
Stretch Bi / Tri

Day 2
Upper Load
Back
Pendlay row
60 x 15 2 RIR
1.5 m rest
60 x 12 F
Chest
Flat Bench
80 x 15 + negative F
Rest 1.5 m rest
Delts
Rear pec dec machine
35 x 10 F
Stretch Chest / back
PUMP
Thigh
H/bar squat
40 x 30 F
Quad / ham
Rack sissy squat + 10 kg x 26 + partials SSW SL/DL 40 x 30 partials
Stretch Thigh
Calf
Standing calf machine
60 x 24 full reps to F
Day 3
MR LOWER
Leg press
230 x 4,4,4,4,4-200 x 4
Lower pump
Quad
Close stance iso squat machine
40 x 1.5 reps + 10 full reps + 2 partials
Ham
Seated H/s curl 35 x 20 + 5’s
Stretch ham / quads
MR CALF
Seated calf machine
40 x 4,4,4,2 – 35 x4,4
Pump biceps
Ez bar preacher curl
10 x 1.5 reps + 5 full reps
Stretch biceps

Day 4
MR Back Thick
Dead stop T bar row landmine with v grip attachment
50 x 4,4,4,4,2 – 45 x 4
Back Width
Iso lat pull down
80 x 4,4,4,2 70 x 4,4
Stretch back
MR Chest
Iso chest press
90 x 4,4,4,4,4,3
Stretch Chest
MR Delts
Seated Smith machine shoulder press
40 x 4,4,4,4,3 – 35 x 4
MR triceps
Seated tricep machine
40 x 4,4,4,4,4,4
Stretch shoulder / triceps
MR Abs
Crunch machine
30 x 4,4,4,4,4,4

I need to adjust some loads for MR's as this was the first time i have utiilsed them.

Steve

Welcome man! On MRs, you only hit failure once. So, if you fail before set 6 with your starting weight, you’ll lower the weight to one where you can finish the remaining mini-sets without failing again. It looks like you’ve been doing them correctly based on your log! It also looks like you were using appropriate loads, it’s ok to fail on set 4 and then aim to progress deeper the next time you use the exercise. As far as progressing FT with on a cut, some other members will have to chime in as I don’t have any experience with that yet.

Some things I noticed reading through your workouts, and I apologize if you did these intentionally:
-on Tier 1 upper body loading, the 2 work sets of back refers to one of a thickness exercise and one of a width exercise
-on that day you stretch each body part after you train it and before moving onto the next (ex. Loading sets for back ->stretch back -> loading sets for chest -> stretch chest etc)
-on the lower body pump session after upper loading, you choose to do quads OR hams, and do all 3 exercises for the day as one continuous superset and then stretch everything after (ex. Thigh exercise->quad exercise->calf exercise without rest, then stretch)

Let me know if you have questions on any of that.
[quote='ebado' pid='18153' dateline='1527513933']
Welcome man! On MRs, you only hit failure once. So, if you fail before set 6 with your starting weight, you’ll lower the weight to one where you can finish the remaining mini-sets without failing again. It looks like you’ve been doing them correctly based on your log! It also looks like you were using appropriate loads, it’s ok to fail on set 4 and then aim to progress deeper the next time you use the exercise. As far as progressing FT with on a cut, some other members will have to chime in as I don’t have any experience with that yet.

Some things I noticed reading through your workouts, and I apologize if you did these intentionally:
-on Tier 1 upper body loading, the 2 work sets of back refers to one of a thickness exercise and one of a width exercise
-on that day you stretch each body part after you train it and before moving onto the next (ex. Loading sets for back ->stretch back -> loading sets for chest -> stretch chest etc)
-on the lower body pump session after upper loading, you choose to do quads OR hams, and do all 3 exercises for the day as one continuous superset and then stretch everything after (ex. Thigh exercise->quad exercise->calf exercise without rest, then stretch)

Let me know if you have questions on any of that.

Thanks for the response much appreciated. I read somewhere Scott said to decide how much time you needed between pump sets unlike the loading sets, I must have got confused with a higher tier - I will do the 3 as a super set tomorrow
(05-28-2018, 08:40 PM)stve75 Wrote: In the next 2 weeks I will commencing a mini cut as my last mass was slightly longer than I wanted. Anybody have advice for progression in this period ? I know trying to progress in a defecit is difficult, I am hoping to maintain during this period which should end around the time of my first blast.

Hey bud! Welcome aboard. To help out with this. What have you done/seen in the past? How have you handled food/cardio/training during mini cuts? How aggressive are you typically? How long are you planning on being at a deficit?
(05-29-2018, 09:10 PM)Altamir Wrote: Hey bud! Welcome aboard. To help out with this. What have you done/seen in the past? How have you handled food/cardio/training during mini cuts? How aggressive are you typically? How long are you planning on being at a deficit?

4-6 weeks max. I want to lose 2lb p/w so I can start massing again. My BF is about 15% ( blurry 4 pack territory) and I want to lean out before resetting and going again. My last mass was originally 8 weeks but ended up doubling it because I ended up around 13%. I have always been a semi diet keep my abs 365 bitch but have now accepted I will not progress without putting the calories in. At present I'm eating @ 4k per day and will probably half this, if I was doing a longer cut I would probably start around 3k. I have OCD and record everything I eat. I've come to conclusion it's better to mass and cut when required for partitioning etc. I will probably run masses for 6 weeks + 2 week maintenance during cruise then go again or mini cut - not sure what others do ? My aim in the future is to go from 10-13 -10% BF massing and cutting as required. I don't do cardio as I prefer to reach a defecit through food ( busy family man). Historically I've just managed my Maximum Recoverable Value during a cut but this is a bit new to me and has the rest of the unknown factor
Sounds like you pretty well have things worked out honestly and I would not stress it too much. It's a learning process and should become intuitive over time. Smile The cut seems pretty aggressive, but not very long, and if you've held strength in the past, you probably would do well here. I'd maybe make a move up to tier 2 as some point when your food is high and see how that feels and where that puts you as far as recovery goes. Might give you a better idea what to expect as you diet down. And there are plenty of people who run their blasts during a deficit in a taper fashion. I did over the last 3 weeks of my last fat lost phase.

So obviously you would auto-regulate this, but lets say this went on for 6 weeks, and you felt like Tier 2 was something you could handle for a time.

Week 1: Tier 1, feeling good.
Week 2: Tier 2, feeling ok, a little depleted, but confindate about progressing.
Week 3: Tier 2, starting to really feel the diet, stalling on lifts.
Week 4: Tier 1, starting to feel just like you are getting back to neutral, not 100% confinate about progressing.
Week 5: Tier 1, starting to feel pretty decent, like you can finish strong.
Week 6: Tier 2, smoked by the end of this, but did pretty decent.
Cruise for 2 weeks and rest.

Obviously this is just a example, but maybe gives you an idea about how to adjust. Also you can adjust within the tiers, depending on MR and pump set choices. For example, last fat loss phase for me, about 4 weeks from the end, my shoulders started to lose strength. I switched from turbo to basic (extra time to rest for loading sets). Did only one lateral MR, and then a rear delt MR (less stress on the shoulder), and lowered the intensity on my pump sets (only straight sets to failures, no partials or 5's into the hole, or crazy stuff). The following week my shoulder strength was back and I was grinding it out at again.

Let me know if you have any questions on this or anything else Smile Cheers!
(05-29-2018, 10:59 PM)Altamir Wrote: Sounds like you pretty well have things worked out honestly and I would not stress it too much. It's a learning process and should become intuitive over time. Smile The cut seems pretty aggressive, but not very long, and if you've held strength in the past, you probably would do well here. I'd maybe make a move up to tier 2 as some point when your food is high and see how that feels and where that puts you as far as recovery goes. Might give you a better idea what to expect as you diet down. And there are plenty of people who run their blasts during a deficit in a taper fashion. I did over the last 3 weeks of my last fat lost phase.

So obviously you would auto-regulate this, but lets say this went on for 6 weeks, and you felt like Tier 2 was something you could handle for a time.

Week 1: Tier 1, feeling good.
Week 2: Tier 2, feeling ok, a little depleted, but confindate about progressing.
Week 3: Tier 2, starting to really feel the diet, stalling on lifts.
Week 4: Tier 1, starting to feel just like you are getting back to neutral, not 100% confinate about progressing.
Week 5: Tier 1, starting to feel pretty decent, like you can finish strong.
Week 6: Tier 2, smoked by the end of this, but did pretty decent.
Cruise for 2 weeks and rest.

Obviously this is just a example, but maybe gives you an idea about how to adjust. Also you can adjust within the tiers, depending on MR and pump set choices. For example, last fat loss phase for me, about 4 weeks from the end, my shoulders started to lose strength. I switched from turbo to basic (extra time to rest for loading sets). Did only one lateral MR, and then a rear delt MR (less stress on the shoulder), and lowered the intensity on my pump sets (only straight sets to failures, no partials or 5's into the hole, or crazy stuff). The following week my shoulder strength was back and I was grinding it out at again.

Let me know if you have any questions on this or anything else Smile Cheers!
Brilliant advice re the pump sets + thanks for the example. I will no doubt have some questions in future. The last thing I want is an injury, I've learned the hard way with that