Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High resistance spin bike
Has anyone tried this for quad pump days?
How would you to a resistance exercise pump set using this bike?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-22-2019, 12:11 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: How would you to a resistance exercise pump set using this bike?...

-S

well these Schwinn spin bikes at the gym can be set to extreme resistance, I was thinking of setting it about a level where I would hit muscular failure at around 1 minute of spinning.....I was assuming my normal leg extension pump set lasts around one minute.

just thinking out loud at work.
I think it's a too different stimulus. If you'd like to try something new for your metabolic work and would combine it with cycling, try bfr-cycling Smile even short duration improves vo2 max and COULD lead to some hypertrophy, too
It’s just leg extensions piss off my patella. Maybe BW sissy squats for quad pump?
(03-23-2019, 10:11 PM)juggy38 Wrote: It’s just leg extensions piss off my patella. Maybe BW sissy squats for quad pump?

For quad isolation exercises:

Sissy's with BW or holding plate.

Smith sissy hack squats (search site / google)

Somersault squats (search site / google)

Close low foot placement leg presses (pressing with ball of foot only).

Trap bar dead with heels elevated work well for some, too (esp. if you have a wedge to stand on) staying deep in the range of motion.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-24-2019, 12:48 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: For quad isolation exercises:

Sissy's with BW or holding plate.

Smith sissy hack squats (search site / google)

Somersault squats (search site / google)

Close low foot placement leg presses (pressing with ball of foot only).

Trap bar dead with heels elevated work well for some, too (esp. if you have a wedge to stand on) staying deep in the range of motion.

-S

I just did the somersault smith extension. No stairs for 48 hours lol