Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(09-04-2017, 09:33 AM)Inkedlifting Wrote: Hey guys, my name is dan and i signed up to the site a little while ago and along with the purchase of the FT ebook, i was able to get a subscription too.. Smile

Anyways im currently 4 weeks out from my uk nationals qualifier (being prepped by one of your mods i believe...Con)

Anywhoo once its over and done with hopefully i can become a bit more active when i have a bit more time on my hands.

Till then i'll be quietly lurking and learning as much as i can

Great to be here guys

Welcome and GOOD LUCK at the show!

(Con's not a mod - no need for a mod team here right now, really - but I'm guessing he sent you over here, so THANKS to CON! Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
hi all, just posting to rez my account so to speak Tongue
New to Fortitude Training, I was introduced to Muscle Rounds during some work with one of my coaches and decided to take the plunge into the system full force to see what I can get out of it. I have had issues with connective tissue since my early 30's, now 44. I have been training since I was 12, and have a propensity to train very intensely and sometimes run my connective tissue into the ground. Looking at the full system I think it will allow me the intensity that I crave while limiting the volume of work to a manageable point that I am not tearing down connective tissue constantly. All of the blood flow work and higher reps should really help with connective tissue recovery as well. So I am really hoping this allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds, intensity, and longevity

I always promised myself I would compete in another physique based competition when I was 45 so my goal is to use Fortitude Training to grow me into a show next year. I think it will more than likely be a Classic Bodybuilding show, but will have to see who much tissue I am able to put back on during this year. Due to some injuries last year I am holding about 10-15lbs less lean tissue than the last few years.

Looking forward to learning some info from the vets!
(12-29-2014, 02:17 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Dearest IBB members,

D/t a glitch in the database system (I've looked into it several times without resolution), if you've *never* posted on the board, you account will be deleted eventually.

From what I can tell, simply posting something - anything - remedies this.

If you've never posted on the board, or simply would like to introduce yourself, please post here.

Thanks!

-Scott
Hi everyone my name is Calob I'm 21 , new to fortitude training but not new to training itself. Anybhelp is always appreciated we are in this together !
(09-21-2017, 11:44 PM)Kleen Wrote: New to Fortitude Training, I was introduced to Muscle Rounds during some work with one of my coaches and decided to take the plunge into the system full force to see what I can get out of it. I have had issues with connective tissue since my early 30's, now 44. I have been training since I was 12, and have a propensity to train very intensely and sometimes run my connective tissue into the ground. Looking at the full system I think it will allow me the intensity that I crave while limiting the volume of work to a manageable point that I am not tearing down connective tissue constantly. All of the blood flow work and higher reps should really help with connective tissue recovery as well. So I am really hoping this allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds, intensity, and longevity

I always promised myself I would compete in another physique based competition when I was 45 so my goal is to use Fortitude Training to grow me into a show next year. I think it will more than likely be a Classic Bodybuilding show, but will have to see who much tissue I am able to put back on during this year. Due to some injuries last year I am holding about 10-15lbs less lean tissue than the last few years.

Looking forward to learning some info from the vets!

Kleen,

Def. let us know how it plays out.

Which of your coaches turned you on to FT?...

-S

-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Kleen,

Def. let us know how it plays out.

Which of your coaches turned you on to FT?...

-S

I definitely will. I have a feeling it is going to be just what the Dr. ordered... In this case that is both figuratively and literally I guess.

Alex Kikel is who turned me onto it while I was working with him. I asked him where he got some of his ideas from and or different books I could read to learn more on the design of some of the more joint friendly methods of hypertrophy. We were focusing more on strength at the time. I was building up to start a powerlifting meet prep. So the Load sets for the big 3 were of higher intensity, not taken to failure and straight sets, more along the lines of Powerlifting set up. However it was high frequency, and we were doing high rep pumps sets, and muscle rounds for those same groups on different days as well. It was the Muscle Rounds and the Pump sets that got me asking more questions. Anyway he spoke very highly of you, your methods and your book. So I knew I was going to check it out when I put my focus back on hypertrophy.

I will say that reading this book has me excited and thinking I can get myself back into competition form without completely breaking my body down. I gave up on bodybuilding for a while because so many repetitive movements under heavy load all the time just tore me up. Even powerlifting was easier on me due to less overall volume. However I think this is going to resolve most of those problems and I love the intensity of it!
(09-22-2017, 11:37 PM)Kleen Wrote: I definitely will. I have a feeling it is going to be just what the Dr. ordered... In this case that is both figuratively and literally I guess.

Alex Kikel is who turned me onto it while I was working with him. I asked him where he got some of his ideas from and or different books I could read to learn more on the design of some of the more joint friendly methods of hypertrophy. We were focusing more on strength at the time. I was building up to start a powerlifting meet prep. So the Load sets for the big 3 were of higher intensity, not taken to failure and straight sets, more along the lines of Powerlifting set up. However it was high frequency, and we were doing high rep pumps sets, and muscle rounds for those same groups on different days as well. It was the Muscle Rounds and the Pump sets that got me asking more questions. Anyway he spoke very highly of you, your methods and your book. So I knew I was going to check it out when I put my focus back on hypertrophy.

I will say that reading this book has me excited and thinking I can get myself back into competition form without completely breaking my body down. I gave up on bodybuilding for a while because so many repetitive movements under heavy load all the time just tore me up. Even powerlifting was easier on me due to less overall volume. However I think this is going to resolve most of those problems and I love the intensity of it!

This is all great to hear - and you've not even really gotten going yet! (Very glad Alex got you going on that direction.)

That's saying a lot if you were getting that broken down from whatever kind of bodybuilding training you were doing. More is obviously not better. Smile

-S
-Scott

(09-23-2017, 12:07 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: This is all great to hear - and you've not even really gotten going yet! (Very glad Alex got you going on that direction.)

That's saying a lot if you were getting that broken down from whatever kind of bodybuilding training you were doing. More is obviously not better. Smile

-S

No it definitely is not.

I was into frequent training, full body 3 times a week but was employing some sort of set extending principle and failure in in the last set of every lift for a while. All in the 6-8 rep range at that. I came from that old school masochistic mindset. I got really into Mentzer's HIT training for a while, and that mindset was carried over into much higher volume programs which simply led to trouble. You can't train at that level of intensity with that much volume forever. Something is going to break. After my 2nd shoulder surgery about 6 years ago I started exploring a lot of different avenues of recovery and training. I have gotten much better about it. However a lot of the damage was chronic and inflames when I push beyond my connective tissue's recovery capabilities. I also have degenerative arthritis in my shoulders, and knee. It runs in the family so that is also a factor in it all.

Since then, I learned my blasting periods have to be shorter, and I have to rely more on higher reps or much less rest to push the volume up without killing myself. I just really didn't know how to package it all together in one program like you have done here. Alex was the first person to give me a glimpse of it for something focused on hypertrophy.

I have done the athletic type full body performance based workouts for a while. In those I am always varying movements and intensity throughout the week. Often lifting heavy and explosively and had great luck not getting injured that way. Which is why I feel that this will be the same for me as far as safety. I seem to do better avoiding injury with a lot of variety of movements and intensity in my training.

Hi

An old fella (46) checking in from New Zealand. Looking forward to commencing FT this Monday. Been doing Lewis Yates HIT (Dorian's son) for the last 6 months. Been pretty good and have developed quite well but my legs are falling behind. Will fully commit to FT as I suspect the higher frequency will be of benefit to me.

I workout first thing in the morning and generally have 8-9 meals (every 2 -ish hours) as I don't have a big appetite. I find the smaller meals easier to accommodate. It's going to be interesting to see how I get on with 4250 kcal on training days with half post wk/out; currently, ~3000 kcal. I don't eat prior to my wk/out and use an intra shake (HBCD - 80g, Pepto Pro - 24g, EAA - 8g, Leucine - 2.5g, Alanine - 2.5g, AKG - 1g and Citrilline Mallate - 6g). The remainder of my meals are whole foods.

My goal is to increase my lean body mass to ~90kg (currently 85kg at 12% BF) and to have something that resembles legs rather than a pair of strings hanging down from my shorts. Humorously, my calves are pretty well developed.

Looking forward to the results.
(09-23-2017, 02:00 PM)huntera Wrote: Hi

An old fella (46) checking in from New Zealand. Looking forward to commencing FT this Monday. Been doing Lewis Yates HIT (Dorian's son) for the last 6 months. Been pretty good and have developed quite well but my legs are falling behind. Will fully commit to FT as I suspect the higher frequency will be of benefit to me.

I workout first thing in the morning and generally have 8-9 meals (every 2 -ish hours) as I don't have a big appetite. I find the smaller meals easier to accommodate. It's going to be interesting to see how I get on with 4250 kcal on training days with half post wk/out; currently, ~3000 kcal. I don't eat prior to my wk/out and use an intra shake (HBCD - 80g, Pepto Pro - 24g, EAA - 8g, Leucine - 2.5g, Alanine - 2.5g, AKG - 1g and Citrilline Mallate - 6g). The remainder of my meals are whole foods.

My goal is to increase my lean body mass to ~90kg (currently 85kg at 12% BF) and to have something that resembles legs rather than a pair of strings hanging down from my shorts. Humorously, my calves are pretty well developed.

Looking forward to the results.

Welcome huntera!

I'd not be surprised if your legs grew really well. I'd say that's where folks are most likely to see improvement from FT, if no where else. Smile

-S
-Scott