Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
New to the boards, HELLOO!! Smile
Long time lurker first time poster.

Looking forward to getting stuck into my 2nd run of FT as I feel as though im both physically and mentally ready to move some heavy lifting...something thats eluded my training of late.

Will hopefully get around to starting a log book on here for those who are interested my my progress.

Jacked
hey everyone,

starting fortitude training ASAP, once i have narrowed down my plan 100%
just started delving into the world of low volume, and im really loving it.

ill be using fortitude to primarily add mass.. ill be moving from the ukbff u23yo (junior) catagory into the men's open were ill be a super heavy. as im a heavy guy, i wont be able to diet down under a super heavy without looking like a twig.
so its time to really fill out.

look out for my log to come soon.
Hey everyone!

Recently bought Scott's book and just completed tier 1 of the basic this past week. So far so good!
    Why Hello There!!!

My name is Spencer, or Collabera on pretty much every board I'm on.

I've been over at Intense Muscle for a couple years while working with Skip on a few mock preps as I get ready for my first show. I say mock preps because we would get to a certain point in the diet where I would decide I wasn't happy with what I would potentially present on stage.

I have been training for 14 years. Ever since I was 12 years old. Started out at 4'11" and 200lbs blubber. Started working with a trainer by the name of Swede Selstrom who helped me drop all my excess fat and got me into powerlifting competitions.

I won State Championships in multiple federations including setting a few world records that are still state records today. At the time there were plenty of guys to lift against in my divisions. I was successful in the men's open as a teenager, winning that division a few times in the 165s.

All time best lifts:
All at 148 or 165 weight classes. 15-17 years old.
Bench press (normal single ply shirt) -396.2 Meet -425 Gym - 335 Raw
Deadlift (raw) - 465
Squat (raw) - 435

Due to a few injuries I took a few years off from serious training and trained just for health. When I decided to start training seriously again I decided that for my longevity, powerlifting was no longer an option for me. That's when I train with volume for a little while and eventually trained DC.

Love DC training but my time with it has been inconsistent besides my first blast. This is due to minor aches and pains. Hard to work around these things in DC when you're supposed to do certain lifts.

My current stats:
177lbs @ 5'7"
Finished my last mock prep with Skip at 156lbs and shredded other than glutes and low back. (September 2015)
I would describe my condition and look currently as a leaner powerlifter Wink

Currently in off season mode but trying to cut things back a bit and get back down to 165 before I decrease my cardio again and put on more calories. This will likely get done in 5-6 more weeks. I don't stay lean easily at all so I've found "mini cuts" to be needed once a year if not prepping. I'll begin prep for what is hopefully my first of many shows at the beginning of 2017. This year is all about growing.

I'm here to learn about Fortitude training and see if it's right for me. Seems like it would be because of the ability to vary exercises as needed. I tried out some muscle rounds today and had a blast. I love to be able to train frequently and spent about and hour or more in the gym. I crave knowledge and love to talk about diet and training.

For work, I am a personal trainer and nutritionist. I consider myself to be very successful at this. I've learned everything I know from guys who have been doing it for 20+ years and I take pride in my work and try to distance myself from those who don't take training as a career seriously. This is usually a good deal of my generation. I'm always striving to be better at my job.

Looking forward to getting to know people here. I'm sure there's a few from IM I already know.

Yeah!!! Glad you're here!
(01-11-2016, 12:26 PM)Jen Wrote: Yeah!!! Glad you're here!

Hey! A familiar face! I'm going to want to pick your brain on your training.
Hello everybody -

I'm Sean and live in Connecticut, USA. I've spent my whole life thinking of myself as a fat dude and over the course of the last three years I've been bodybuilding regularly, trying different dietary approaches with various results, and working to transform my mind to see myself as an athlete. I'm just starting FT this week and I'm hoping I'll be able to break through a rather lengthy period of stagnation in terms of progress towards my bodybuilding goals.

(01-13-2016, 01:33 AM)SkyGoing Wrote: Hello everybody -

I'm Sean and live in Connecticut, USA. I've spent my whole life thinking of myself as a fat dude and over the course of the last three years I've been bodybuilding regularly, trying different dietary approaches with various results, and working to transform my mind to see myself as an athlete. I'm just starting FT this week and I'm hoping I'll be able to break through a rather lengthy period of stagnation in terms of progress towards my bodybuilding goals.

Welcome, my friend! (I upgraded your membership so you can see the FT forums!)

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
My name is Gary Larson, I am new to FT and excited to give this program a try. I compete in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Up to about 6 weeks ago I did a powerbuilding type training system, but unfortunately I tore my pec. Now it's time for me to change my ways and Solely focus on bodybuilding and bringing up my week points (esp legs). I probably have to read the book about 4 more times to get grasp on FT lol, but I can't wait to get started.