Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 muscle round is enough
I would consider myself fairly advanced in terms of training years and I have done big beyond belief numerous times so no stranger to high frequency training.

I did a full body muscle round today with pretty much everything being to failure at the last set of 3-4 reps. I was destroyed by the end of it and the thought of trying to replicate each much muscle round with the same intensity would be suicide at the moment to my recovery I think.

I genuinely think 1 muscle round for each body part pushed to failure is enough for stimulation required without CNS destruction.

Anyone have a different opinion?
(01-13-2015, 09:28 PM)Mr Mac Wrote: I would consider myself fairly advanced in terms of training years and I have done big beyond belief numerous times so no stranger to high frequency training.

I did a full body muscle round today with pretty much everything being to failure at the last set of 3-4 reps. I was destroyed by the end of it and the thought of trying to replicate each much muscle round with the same intensity would be suicide at the moment to my recovery I think.

I genuinely think 1 muscle round for each body part pushed to failure is enough for stimulation required without CNS destruction.

Anyone have a different opinion?

Everyone is different, in terms of recovery anyhow much they can put into a set.

The CNS taxation of a MR with smith squats is different than that for a MR with cable wrist curls, too, so exercise selection matters as well.

As I've said numerous times, one of the most advanced guys to do my program was of the opinion that Tier I was plenty. (He had a pro-level athletic background and had done true HIT training, DC training, 100 rep sets, etc.)

I personally would rather see someone doing Tier I with crazy intensity vs. Tier III and lolly-gagging through. OTOH, to bring up weak body parts, someone who has been doing the basics (and those will / do get hit with Loading sets) might need to use a higher Tier and isolation movements to make progress in a weaker muscle group(s).

The classic example of Dorian Yates finding that the stronger he got, the less he needed to do and COULD do (and recover) in terms of training volume says a lot.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
As someone who is pretty banged up, I use a isolation movement to pre fatigue the muscles before the multi joint movements.

A MR set of extentions doesn't tax me before squats. Or lying shrugs before deads. But definitely don't see needing to do it the other way around. I've been using Tier 3 lately as a means to lessen the work set weight. But if I went full strength a lower tier would be all I would need.
(01-14-2015, 01:57 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I personally would rather see someone doing Tier I with crazy intensity vs. Tier III and lolly-gagging through. OTOH, to bring up weak body parts, someone who has been doing the basics (and those will / do get hit with Loading sets) might need to use a higher Tier and isolation movements to make progress in a weaker muscle group(s).

The amount of customization w/ this FT training is ridiculous. Truly your system is as well thought out as DC training progressively raising the bar higher and higher. Not that you needed the reach-around (I wouldn't be able to physically with a man of your size but its the thought that counts). biggrin

Kidding aside I thought this post was important b/c it's my hope that as I continue gaining my strength back I can drop a tier or two in my own training.
USMC 0311 Combat Veteran 1999-2003

Darkhorse0311 Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtvxY6A3lQ
(05-29-2015, 03:25 AM)Darkhorse0311 Wrote: The amount of customization w/ this FT training is ridiculous. Truly your system is as well thought out as DC training progressively raising the bar higher and higher. Not that you needed the reach-around (I wouldn't be able to physically with a man of your size but its the thought that counts). biggrin

Kidding aside I thought this post was important b/c it's my hope that as I continue gaining my strength back I can drop a tier or two in my own training.

This is my board - I'll be dong the reach arounds here!... LOL Smile Smile Smile

I think simply having a versatile program that's FUN to do will make it more effective, TBH. (As an example of this, I recall hearing a few times from people that they made good gains on DC, but that they stopped doing it because they didn't get the pump that they wanted, and it wasn't as fun simply because of that...)

Yes, for sure - drop down a Tier as you get stronger and more conditioned. (You can also periodize by Tier within a blast, too, of course.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
accutane 40 mg kaufen accutane rezeptfrei bestellen accutane ohne rezept
accutane kaufen deutschland accutane rezeptfrei bestellen accutane online kaufen
accutane online kaufen accutane rezeptfrei bestellen isotretinoin ohne rezept kaufen
accutane kaufen accutane rezeptfrei bestellen accutane rezeptfrei bestellen
accutane kaufen ohne rezept accutane rezeptfrei bestellen accutane kaufen
isotretinoin rezeptfrei österreich accutane 40 mg kaufen isotretinoin rezeptfrei kaufen
I’m glad to hear that. I find myself in that situation as well. I’m not claiming to be the world class athlete but as far as Fortitude Training I have made my best progress at Tier 1

(01-14-2015, 01:57 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Everyone is different, in terms of recovery anyhow much they can put into a set. 

The CNS taxation of a MR with smith squats is different than that for a MR with cable wrist curls, too, so exercise selection matters as well.

As I've said numerous times, one of the most advanced guys to do my program was of the opinion that Tier I was plenty.  (He had a pro-level athletic background and had done true HIT training, DC training, 100 rep sets, etc.)

I personally would rather see someone doing Tier I with crazy intensity vs. Tier III and lolly-gagging through.  OTOH, to bring up weak body parts, someone who has been doing the basics (and those will / do get hit with Loading sets) might need to use a higher Tier and isolation movements to make progress in a weaker muscle group(s).

The classic example of Dorian Yates finding that the stronger he got, the less he needed to do and COULD do (and recover) in terms of training volume says a lot.

-S

Exclamation