Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to FT not New to Training
Hi folks,

Im new to the FT program. Ive read the book and naturally have some questions..
I want to begin the basic program at the 1st tier.

I understand the variety of Exercise protocols. Its the total volue per prescribed exercise Im unsure of.

For example:

LOAD SETS

THIGH

QUAD

HAM

All just one set, taken to failure?

Maybe Ive missed something but I cant remember recalling reading about sets previous to this failure one.

Could someone outline a typical DAY of the program including everything required in terms of warm ups and working sets only.

I apologise if this seems trivial but Im not getting my head around this just yet.
Have you downloaded / double-checked the Overview sheets?...

Scott Stevenson Fortitude Training Shop

Also, there are a good number of logs up n' running here:

Integrative Bodybuilding

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott. I have downloaded the log/weekly overview and read a few searches.

From what I can gather there's a warmup precluding each LOAD set.
Pump sets are all go without Warmup.

Have I got this correct?

Also, The log showed a record for weight/set/rep 1-4.

Could you explain this? As this confuses me after my reading.
Okay I found the answer to warm ups by pscarb on another forum.

Can I finally ask them about the log record for sets. This is just to record warmup to working sets?

Thanks
(05-31-2016, 09:18 AM)surferph34 Wrote: Okay I found the answer to warm ups by pscarb on another forum.

Can I finally ask them about the log record for sets. This is just to record warmup to working sets?

Thanks

Warm-ups:

FT Questions....

(You DON'T warm up between each Loading set. Warm up to prepare for all of them and REST between sets as you zig-zag between exercises. Only if you feel, for the sake of safety would you do a warm-up in the middle of zig-zagging your Loading sets. This would happen, for instance, if you can't get on a machine you'd planned to use for an isolation exercise. That circumstance as been addressed several times here. Smile )

Yes, the log is simply for convenience. You won't end up filling out every space in there. (Don't use the log book to guide you training, only to record it.)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott, I am also new to this. I did my first workout yesterday. Since I have been doing my own form of high frequency training I started on Tier iii Turbo. I started with day 2: to clarify my question using the e.g. Of The back (wide and thick) say barbell row and weighted pull-up: while the logs/ instructions say 4 sets, am I correct that it's only 2 sets of each to make 4 or should it be one zig-zagg is 1 set - therefore 8 sets of each? I did the former - 2 sets of each which seemed like not much work specifically if there are only 4 training days per week. Conversely the 8 sets of each seems excessive and if applied to the other loading sets would take the workout probably to 2 hours. I understand the idea is between the MR, Pumps and Loading sets the body parts will. E worked 4x per week but the total sets per week on the former structure still seems quite low - maybe I have been used to overdoing it? Given my OCD may be the case.
(05-31-2016, 01:58 PM)Morrgreg Wrote: Hi Scott, I am also new to this. I did my first workout yesterday. Since I have been doing my own form of high frequency training I started on Tier iii Turbo. I started with day 2: to clarify my question using the e.g. Of The back (wide and thick) say barbell row and weighted pull-up: while the logs/ instructions say 4 sets, am I correct that it's only 2 sets of each to make 4 or should it be one zig-zagg is 1 set - therefore 8 sets of each? I did the former - 2 sets of each which seemed like not much work specifically if there are only 4 training days per week. Conversely the 8 sets of each seems excessive and if applied to the other loading sets would take the workout probably to 2 hours. I understand the idea is between the MR, Pumps and Loading sets the body parts will. E worked 4x per week but the total sets per week on the former structure still seems quite low - maybe I have been used to overdoing it? Given my OCD may be the case.

See page 89 (and thereafter) in the book as well as the numerous logs here in the forum for how to do the Loading sets.

Training Logs: Integrative Bodybuilding

Use the OVERVIEW sheets for training and consider the log sheets only as a semi-organized place to record your performances. (Not all boxes will be filled on the right side of the log. The notes on the Left DO match the Overview Sheets.)

I'd not start with tier III. I've yet to see that work out well for anyone thus far, as least as far as making gains. If you simply want to train for therapy reasons, that's your call, of course. I suggest starting with Tier I to learn the system and adjusting upward. I would say this to almost anyone, regardless of training experience. In your case (knowing what we've discussed), I would say this is especially important.

Make use of that OCD: Dig, dig, dig into the book which is filled with details. Most of the questions asked here in this forum are in the book and those that are not can be found by searching the forum. The advantage in doing so is that you'll learn a great deal along the way.

-S
-Scott

So this is my day one. Can I do a walk through and see if I have it?

WARMUP
High Bar
Rest 120 secs
Bulgairan Split Squat
Rest 120 secs
SLDL
Rest 120 secs
Banded Adductors
Rest 120 secs
Calf Raises x 2 sets
Rest 60 secs between sets

PUMP

Flat Dumbell 1 1/4
Supersetted
Dumbell Row
REST
Abs
REST
Zbar Curls
Supersetted
Skull Crushers

ALL 1 SET unless otherwise stated.

Have I picked up the Chest/Back or the exercises separated with the / correctly.

Are these to be supersetted?

Hey!

Looks good, except you are missing shoulders before abs in your pump sets.

and yes, Chest / back .... Shoulders / Abs ... and Biceps / Triceps are all supersetted.

Note, you don't have to use the same equipment / station / etc for your pump super sets. You can do flat DB press for chest if you like, and then machine rows for back. I'm making a jump in assumption here because that's the way you appear to have it set up, and just wanted to clear any confusion!
(06-01-2016, 04:25 AM)Altamir Wrote: Hey!

Looks good, except you are missing shoulders before abs in your pump sets.

and yes, Chest / back .... Shoulders / Abs ... and Biceps / Triceps are all supersetted.

Note, you don't have to use the same equipment / station / etc for your pump super sets. You can do flat DB press for chest if you like, and then machine rows for back. I'm making a jump in assumption here because that's the way you appear to have it set up, and just wanted to clear any confusion!

Hey Altamir, thanks for running your eye over this and you're right I've left shoulders out - Ill fix that!

(06-01-2016, 04:25 AM)Altamir Wrote: Note, you don't have to use the same equipment / station / etc for your pump super sets. You can do flat DB press for chest if you like, and then machine rows for back. I'm making a jump in assumption here because that's the way you appear to have it set up, and just wanted to clear any confusion!

As far as the equipment, I have a home gym and Im just trying to choose equipment I own. Blush