Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about back to back training
Hi, so I've switched from doing a 3 day family plan setup to 4 days split. I train mon , tues, thurs and Friday with loading at begining and mr at the end. Seen a lot of people have a day off between MR but not really an option for me. Looking at implementing turbo version next run as looks more spread out for MR days and increases frequency even more. But is training 2 consecutive days of full body MR a good idea?
(08-06-2016, 04:38 AM)simplesi Wrote: Hi, so I've switched from doing a 3 day family plan setup to 4 days split. I train mon , tues, thurs and Friday with loading at begining and mr at the end. Seen a lot of people have a day off between MR but not really an option for me. Looking at implementing turbo version next run as looks more spread out for MR days and increases frequency even more. But is training 2 consecutive days of full body MR a good idea?

This is a question ONLY you can ultimately answer.

I'd start with this USING BASIC at first and then switching to TURBO if you like:

More focus on Upper Body:
Mon Day 4 (Upper MR)
Tue Day 1 (Lower Load)
Thurs Day 2 (Upper Load)
Friday: Day 3 (Lower MR

However, if legs / lower body is a priority, I'd do this:

Mon Day 3 (Lower MR)
Tue Day 2 (Upper Load)
THurs Day 1 (lower Load
Friday Day 4 (Upper MR)

The above is based on taking a day off between Loading Set days, which is the most common approach, but NOT EVERYONE, as some like to tackle the Loading Set days, perhaps be a bit worn down, but then take 2 days off after the 2nd loading set day and be refreshed and ready to kick ass for the MR's.

(FYI, Fortitude Training is NOT a 4 ways split. A 4 way split Routine would be something like:

Chest Shoulders
Back Biceps
Thighs, Abs
Arms Calves

Which splits the body over 4 training days.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Didn't mean to offend saying it was 4 day split Blush def need to focus on upper body so will give the first option a run. My last run which was my first doing 4 days was 2 loading days rest then 2 MR.
(08-07-2016, 04:12 AM)simplesi Wrote: Didn't mean to offend saying it was 4 day split Blush def need to focus on upper body so will give the first option a run. My last run which was my first doing 4 days was 2 loading days rest then 2 MR.

Oh, no offense at all.

I bring that up b/c that's a common mis-use of that term and folks are confused enough in general when it comes to FT. (I see this / have seen this for years now with DC training - people calling the main strategy a 3 day split, when it's a two way split training 3x / week, which is different than the 3 way split/ 4 day per week strategy.)

Good luck!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.