Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to zigzag or not to zigzag
(09-11-2016, 01:25 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Matt,

I'm wondering if you have some pressure to squat there in the gym?...

-S

Haha I don't feel as though I'm under pressure to squat, more so under pressure to finish my work out in no more than 90 minutes. Perhaps I skip more warm ups than I should. I typically do around 3 4 warm ups just like I did in dc. It looks like my legs/knees need alot more warming up though just to get my quads firing rather than my knees.

Like I said though they are getting better, yesterday I did MR on a belt squat and a pump on a lever hack squat(close stance). Squatting deep in the hole was plaguing my knees so I went to parallel and muscularly that felt much better.

When I go back to blasting and if recovery feels great, am I better increasing tier or going to turbo?

Cheers Scott,
Matt
(09-11-2016, 03:52 AM)bicep_grind Wrote: Haha I don't feel as though I'm under pressure to squat, more so under pressure to finish my work out in no more than 90 minutes. Perhaps I skip more warm ups than I should. I typically do around 3 4 warm ups just like I did in dc. It looks like my legs/knees need alot more warming up though just to get my quads firing rather than my knees.

Like I said though they are getting better, yesterday I did MR on a belt squat and a pump on a lever hack squat(close stance). Squatting deep in the hole was plaguing my knees so I went to parallel and muscularly that felt much better.

When I go back to blasting and if recovery feels great, am I better increasing tier or going to turbo?

Cheers Scott,
Matt

Matt,

Have you tried doing more warm-up sets?

As far as Tiers go, do what feels right given how you feel and how the different tiers felt previously.

The disadvantage of Turbo is that you need even more warming up in total. I'd not suggest Turbo for you as you don't have a feel for adjusting Tiers using the Basic Version yet. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-11-2016, 06:03 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Matt,

Have you tried doing more warm-up sets?

As far as Tiers go, do what feels right given how you feel and how the different tiers felt previously.

The disadvantage of Turbo is that you need even more warming up in total. I'd not suggest Turbo for you as you don't have a feel for adjusting Tiers using the Basic Version yet. Smile

-S

For the legs with warming up, lately every single warm up I have been doing no less than 10 reps. Not like my usual dc fashion of warming up with less and less reps. I find this also stops me from being able to lift as heavy on the main set(s) which for me feels better. I used to squat over 7 plates dude I ain't so bothered about those kind of weights anymore.

Saying that and I don't know if there is something in this. If on tier 2 its say 2 sets of squats....the 2nd set feels so much better in terms of muscular activation.
I experienced this too with Dc. I did a heavy set plus a back off set and then the Wm. The back off always felt the best (more quaddy).

It's like I had to go through a heavy rough feeling set 1st to get the quads working properly or something.

Matt

(09-11-2016, 06:20 AM)bicep_grind Wrote: For the legs with warming up, lately every single warm up I have been doing no less than 10 reps. Not like my usual dc fashion of warming up with less and less reps. I find this also stops me from being able to lift as heavy on the main set(s) which for me feels better. I used to squat over 7 plates dude I ain't so bothered about those kind of weights anymore.

Saying that and I don't know if there is something in this. If on tier 2 its say 2 sets of squats....the 2nd set feels so much better in terms of muscular activation.
I experienced this too with Dc. I did a heavy set plus a back off set and then the Wm. The back off always felt the best (more quaddy).

It's like I had to go through a heavy rough feeling set 1st to get the quads working properly or something.

Matt

That's pretty common, Matt. A solution for that that has worked for me is to do 3-4 reps with a weight at least 90% of my go weight. Sometimes, even WITH the go weight.

So I'd be squatting 5 plates for my go weight, I might actually do a "warm-up" set for the nervous system WITH 5 plates (or maybe 4 and a 25lb'er).

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-11-2016, 09:20 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That's pretty common, Matt. A solution for that that has worked for me is to do 3-4 reps with a weight at least 90% of my go weight. Sometimes, even WITH the go weight.

So I'd be squatting 5 plates for my go weight, I might actually do a "warm-up" set for the nervous system WITH 5 plates (or maybe 4 and a 25lb'er).

-S

Ah I see, I don't normally warm up with the 'go weight'. If I was squatting 5 plates, normally id hit my last warm up as 4 plates for 3 reps and then hit the 5 plates for 6-12. I can do the reps with good form but the feel is heavy on my knees. Then if I was to step back down a little to perhaps 4 plates, the muscular feel is so much better.

Perhaps as you say I just need another warm up at that heavy weight.

Matt
(09-11-2016, 06:32 PM)bicep_grind Wrote: Ah I see, I don't normally warm up with the 'go weight'. If I was squatting 5 plates, normally id hit my last warm up as 4 plates for 3 reps and then hit the 5 plates for 6-12. I can do the reps with good form but the feel is heavy on my knees. Then if I was to step back down a little to perhaps 4 plates, the muscular feel is so much better.

Perhaps as you say I just need another warm up at that heavy weight.

Matt

Above all, I would suggest tuning in to what your body is telling you about warm-ups, knee pain, etc. That's the theme I'm seeing here.

-S
-Scott

(09-11-2016, 11:58 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Above all, I would suggest tuning in to what your body is telling you about warm-ups, knee pain, etc. That's the theme I'm seeing here.

-S

Gotcha buddy. I'll try everything we've discussed after this cruise.

Matt
(09-12-2016, 12:01 AM)bicep_grind Wrote: Gotcha buddy. I'll try everything we've discussed after this cruise.

Matt

Good luck! Smile (Let us know!)

-S
-Scott

Come back off cruise, well man, I discovered the knee pain problem.
It feels so damn good after a year of constant knee issues, to squat and feel your quads instead of your knee caps.
I was forcing my knee flair way too much to hit depth which was forging that inwards collapsing of my ankles. And I found maybe not being so obsessed with sitting in the hole helps too. Squatting that deep kind of disengages my quads I found.

Ah, just goddamn happy with these now.

Matt
(09-21-2016, 10:14 AM)bicep_grind Wrote: Come back off cruise, well man, I discovered the knee pain problem.
It feels so damn good after a year of constant knee issues, to squat and feel your quads instead of your knee caps.
I was forcing my knee flair way too much to hit depth which was forging that inwards collapsing of my ankles. And I found maybe not being so obsessed with sitting in the hole helps too. Squatting that deep kind of disengages my quads I found.

Ah, just goddamn happy with these now.

Matt

AWESOME!!!

I'd say to really be a stickler for form as you move upwards in weight and hold on to this good spot you're in. Smile

-S
-Scott