Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn! Paging the Doc - advices radio 28
(05-04-2017, 12:33 PM)BigDaddyMG Wrote: I respected him for some of the things he was doing, but as we mature through body building I feel like we start to actually understand what's going on behind the scenes. First he advocated a massive amount of gear, then he switched over to talking about diet and coaches, now he's flaming everyone for their show pics. I see the marketing technique. He's mentioned that training isn't important, just do the work and be on with it. After deeply studying training, dieting, and gear it just doesn't add up. You have to push more weight to get bigger. That's how it is for me and my body. I've taken some of the FT methods and applied them in my regime and they get me to push through barriers and that leads to my growth. As for Bostin, I just can't believe anything he says anymore because there is no evidence he puts out there to support what he says. As an engineer, I just can't cope without that study that shows me the way anymore. And not to side track, but if he can't get himself some type of education - don't go on YouTube and start some type of lecture.

One of the most salient things that I recollect Bostin saying in an interview with Dave Palumbo is that if he had enough money, he'd just move to Thailand and live on the beach. (I'm not sure of he location, but I think he actually said Thailand.)

Basically, he admitted, with that statement that he's just doing all of this for the money. What I made of this all is that, for him, there's not a mission based on a love of bodybuilding, a desire to help folks, or an underlying passion of some sort. He just knows he's making bank and is using the "a sucker's born every minute" approach (which works, of course) to do so. I could be wrong, of course, but that's the sense I get.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I got the sense that originally Bostin genuinely believed he could 'make it' just by throwing gear at the situation. When he discovered that wasn't the case, including some defeats on stage taken with very bad grace, he sought instead to exploit his notoriety and peddled the line 'only I tell the truth'. For those who perhaps don't really understand the basic science behind growth and gaining size, it was an appealing message, because many people wanted to believe it ('I knew I could look like Jay if I just take enough'). Now his star is fading I think he's becoming bitter and disillusioned. Of course, I'm speculating, but that's how I see it.
(05-04-2017, 11:47 PM)Sermolupi Wrote: I got the sense that originally Bostin genuinely believed he could 'make it' just by throwing gear at the situation. When he discovered that wasn't the case, including some defeats on stage taken with very bad grace, he sought instead to exploit his notoriety and peddled the line 'only I tell the truth'. For those who perhaps don't really understand the basic science behind growth and gaining size, it was an appealing message, because many people wanted to believe it ('I knew I could look like Jay if I just take enough'). Now his star is fading I think he's becoming bitter and disillusioned. Of course, I'm speculating, but that's how I see it.

You could be right. I know he's been on Dave Palumbo's video show (with Romano) a couple times recently, but I've not listened.

I think telling people what they want to hear will pretty much always work to some degree. LOL

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Does anyone really take this clown (Lloyd) seriously?? (sorry, maybe his 14yr - 18yr old Instagram followers do). Has he even trained under the FT system for any period of time....? + What is his actual evidence to corroborate his negativity toward it????

Scott and JP are clearly more intelligent people and having the gall to criticise both I find quite funny as both would tear him a new ring-piece in an open debate and on the gym floor!!

What's next, he's going to say he trains harder than Scott, JP and John Meadows etc........ I maintain my position...the guy is a clown, ignore him!! (my Rant over!!)