Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(05-22-2018, 05:28 AM)GIO-305 Wrote: Yeah, Im 20 min from Tony's. Keep me posted so I can go by. At least to visit and see Tony also. I should be able to walk by then. I was getting ready for Southern States and tore both patellar tendon training legs.

I will also come to support the show.

OH, CRAP!!! Man!!! WOW - Just that injury?... Anything else get injured?...

(Let me know if I can help here with the rehab!!!)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(05-22-2018, 12:40 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: OH, CRAP!!! Man!!! WOW - Just that injury?... Anything else get injured?...

(Let me know if I can help here with the rehab!!!)

-S

Just the patellar tendon. No muscle tear thank God. Was blessed because it was just stupid in my part. I was on my last exercise (leg press) and was done on my last set and my training partner said he had one more set so I loaded it 4 more plates just to out do him and my kness just gave out on the first rep. I was super strong that day and the whole workout felt good with no struggle or shaking. Even on that rep.

Sure let me know what you suggest. Really don't know if once im walking back to normal and squatting down or kneel down and have full range if can do legs again with full motion like squatting, lunges & extensions. As you know everyone at the hospital said I was done. I don't want to believe it till I can get back in the gym and see if I can train my legs again and see if I can get my leg size back to at least to where they were at. Let me know what you think because I at least want to get them back to size or more to compete one more session.
(05-25-2018, 08:15 AM)GIO-305 Wrote: Just the patellar tendon. No muscle tear thank God. Was blessed because it was just stupid in my part. I was on my last exercise (leg press) and was done on my last set and my training partner said he had one more set so I loaded it 4 more plates just to out do him and my kness just gave out on the first rep. I was super strong that day and the whole workout felt good with no struggle or shaking. Even on that rep.

Ah, man... That's a bummer. Sounds like you were in a good place training-wise.

Quote:Sure let me know what you suggest. Really don't know if once im walking back to normal and squatting down or kneel down and have full range if can do legs again with full motion like squatting, lunges & extensions. As you know everyone at the hospital said I was done. I don't want to believe it till I can get back in the gym and see if I can train my legs again and see if I can get my leg size back to at least to where they were at. Let me know what you think because I at least want to get them back to size or more to compete one more session.

Well there's little I can do as far as rehab long distance, but if you run into issues finding training workarounds when you're back into full swing, I'd be happy to provide some input... (Posting things up here could be of benefit to others. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi all - an older lifter here, finally biting the bullet and jumping in with FT after sitting on the ebook for a while. Over the last few years I've had to force myself to stay out of the gym, so now I'll use these templates to keep a structured four days per week. I've read the ebook a few times, no training questions just yet, but I'm sure once I begin I'll find plenty of them addressed in the forums.

Not sure if just signing in with the email address I used to purchase the ebook with is enough to get full access, if anything else is needed let me know.

regards
Mark
Hey Mark!

Welcome!

Check your purchase email for instructions as to how to get the full subscription to the board. Smile

-S

(05-27-2018, 07:20 PM)markoshea Wrote: Hi all - an older lifter here, finally biting the bullet and jumping in with FT after sitting on the ebook for a while. Over the last few years I've had to force myself to stay out of the gym, so now I'll use these templates to keep a structured four days per week. I've read the ebook a few times, no training questions just yet, but I'm sure once I begin I'll find plenty of them addressed in the forums.

Not sure if just signing in with the email address I used to purchase the ebook with is enough to get full access, if anything else is needed let me know.

regards
Mark

-Scott

Hey FT world! My name is Ryan I am a NPC Masters athlete. Meet Dr. Scott during his visit at House of Pain gym here in STL and really liked what he had to say about FT training. Then after having a couple chats with him knew it was something I wanted to do. However, Shortly after that I tore my hamstring and this week will be first week back into leg workouts (light work) gonna still try FT training!!! Gonna spend rest of today reading through all the FAQS and other post regarding injuries and FT.

Looking forward to getting to know this community better, and learning from Dr.Scott and all those that have been training here for a while! Thanks for the read and have a BLESSED day!

Ryan Young
(05-28-2018, 05:57 AM)rlyoung21 Wrote: Hey FT world! My name is Ryan I am a NPC Masters athlete. Meet Dr. Scott during his visit at House of Pain gym here in STL and really liked what he had to say about FT training. Then after having a couple chats with him knew it was something I wanted to do. However, Shortly after that I tore my hamstring and this week will be first week back into leg workouts (light work) gonna still try FT training!!! Gonna spend rest of today reading through all the FAQS and other post regarding injuries and FT.

Looking forward to getting to know this community better, and learning from Dr.Scott and all those that have been training here for a while! Thanks for the read and have a BLESSED day!

Ryan Young

Hey Brother!

Damn - sorry to hear about your hamstring injury... Sad BE CAREFUL!

-S
-Scott

getting my post in to avoid account deletion.

Just started the book, looking forward to all the site has to offer!!
I'm Kait, and am a bodybuilder in Western Canada. I've been competing since 2011, and in the bodybuilding class specifically since 2014. I started FT this week and am kicking the hell out of it - I've read the eBook twice, and love everything about it, from the nutrition to the rest to the programming itself. This is the program that I've needed to really kick my growth into high gear.

I have one child and it hurt a fair bit, so I stopped doing that. I live in a house full of athletes and spend almost as much on groceries as I do on my mortgage. Smile