Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
Hey everyone, I'm Dan and I'm 24 years old. I've been training for a few years now, but unfortunately I ran into some injury problems that have set me back (partially torn labrum in my right shoulder along with some consistent lower back issues). I love training with high intensity but I'm worried this will cause me more significant injury problems in the long run, so I've been looking for a program that balances training intensity with these risks.

Fortitude Training seems like a great fit for me since I will likely need to do a lower volume and high frequency program if I want to be able to maintain my training intensity and make gains without getting injured.

I'm gonna be starting with the volume tier 2 in the basic plan for my first blast and see how that goes.

Thanks for staying active on these forums all these years Scott!
(04-30-2019, 03:22 AM)weightsandplates Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm Dan and I'm 24 years old. I've been training for a few years now, but unfortunately I ran into some injury problems that have set me back (partially torn labrum in my right shoulder along with some consistent lower back issues). I love training with high intensity but I'm worried this will cause me more significant injury problems in the long run, so I've been looking for a program that balances training intensity with these risks.

Fortitude Training seems like a great fit for me since I will likely need to do a lower volume and high frequency program if I want to be able to maintain my training intensity and make gains without getting injured.

I'm gonna be starting with the volume tier 2 in the basic plan for my first blast and see how that goes.

Thanks for staying active on these forums all these years Scott!

Hey Dan!

Welcome! Glad you've found in FT what you think will fit your situation! Smile (Search around here as there are a few threads / questions about working around low back pain, e.g., using the ironmind hip squat belt.)

I'd start with Tier I for at least the first week, to get the feel of things, but Tier II is where a good number of folks will end up doing most of their training. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello there,

i just wanted to introduce myself. I am (nearly) 30y, from GER, training for ~10 years, did everything from whole body split to 5 body parts split training and i also did everything wrong already (maybe as most of us).
I competed in 2017 for the first time and it went very well (prep was only 6 weeks), so i decided to do a whole competition season in 2018, did about 4 shows and placed 4th at the nationals.
I wanted to try something different as my trainings program - cause usually i train high volume and more frequently (6days per week 3 split) - and i was about to start JPs program or DC, when i found about FT.
I could tell you a lot about me, but i don't want to bore you.

I am excited to get new informations about the training program and eventually start a log here where i introduce myself a little bit more in detail.

(05-08-2019, 10:46 PM)earnitX Wrote: Hello there,

i just wanted to introduce myself. I am (nearly) 30y, from GER, training for ~10 years, did everything from whole body split to 5 body parts split training and i also did everything wrong already (maybe as most of us).
I competed in 2017 for the first time and it went very well (prep was only 6 weeks), so i decided to do a whole competition season in 2018, did about 4 shows and placed 4th at the nationals.
I wanted to try something different as my trainings program - cause usually i train high volume and more frequently (6days per week 3 split) - and i was about to start JPs program or DC, when i found about FT.

I am excited to get new informations about the training program and eventually start a log here where i introduce myself a little bit more in detail.

Yeah, nice to see another German guy here Big Grin In which class did you competed?
(05-08-2019, 10:46 PM)earnitX Wrote: Hello there,

Willkommen! (Wir haben uns auf IG unterhalten, vielleicht?...)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hello all!

Just purchased the FT ebook last week and I'm just starting to implement the strategies into my training and nutrition. I've been consuming Dr. Scott's work on the old Intense Muscle forum and listening to his back catalog of Muscle Minds podcasts.

Before this, I was powerlifting and I've moved more and more into the bodybuilding realm over the past 6 months or so. Relatively recently discovered Dante and Dr. Scott and it completely changed my perspective on training and nutrition.

This is going to be my first-week blasting doing a sort of hybrid FT/DC style workout split. By no means do I think I'm doing things "more optimally" than Dr. Scott outlined with FT but because of my gym set up, it's going to work best for my life. I'm going to be doing the DC 2 way split set up on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my home gym, then Fridays and Sundays I'm going to be doing the Basic FT day 3 and day 4 workouts with my wife at Planet Fitness. As I said, it's a strange setup, but it keeps the wife happy and makes my life easier doing things this way.

Anyway, excited to be apart of the forum and I hope I don't ask too many stupid questions!

(05-30-2019, 06:02 AM)MeatheadBarbell Wrote: Hello all!

Just purchased the FT ebook last week and I'm just starting to implement the strategies into my training and nutrition. I've been consuming Dr. Scott's work on the old Intense Muscle forum and listening to his back catalog of Muscle Minds podcasts.

Before this, I was powerlifting and I've moved more and more into the bodybuilding realm over the past 6 months or so. Relatively recently discovered Dante and Dr. Scott and it completely changed my perspective on training and nutrition.

This is going to be my first-week blasting doing a sort of hybrid FT/DC style workout split. By no means do I think I'm doing things "more optimally" than Dr. Scott outlined with FT but because of my gym set up, it's going to work best for my life. I'm going to be doing the DC 2 way split set up on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my home gym, then Fridays and Sundays I'm going to be doing the Basic FT day 3 and day 4 workouts with my wife at Planet Fitness. As I said, it's a strange setup, but it keeps the wife happy and makes my life easier doing things this way.

Anyway, excited to be apart of the forum and I hope I don't ask too many stupid questions!

Welcome!

That's a solid set-up, actually, man! I think you'll do well. Have you done either DC or FT alone "as written."

Also, keeping the wife happy is probably the smartest part of your plan! Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

(05-30-2019, 10:47 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Welcome!

That's a solid set-up, actually, man! I think you'll do well. Have you done either DC or FT alone "as written."

Also, keeping the wife happy is probably the smartest part of your plan! Smile Smile Smile

-S

I haven't. I've done some workouts using the DC setup, but never a full blast/cruise cycle. Just found out about you guys within the last month and as I said, it all just made so much sense. I was doing a PPLPPLR split with a ton of volume before but it was really running me down.

I enjoy having a home gym (works great for powerlifting), but it sucks for bodybuilding. My thought process is that the home gym will lend itself better to the heavier compound exercises used in DC plus, the zig-zag setup you outline in FT is really difficult with only one barbell and no machines. The Day 3 and 4 setup is great for a "fun" workout with my wife and it lets me play around with a variety of machines available to me in a commercial gym (Planet Fitness isn't optimal, but they actually have a decent selection of machines and aren't super crowded all the time... none-the-less, might talk my wife into getting a Gold's membership after her PF membership expires lol.). I'm open to suggestions if you think I could be doing it better Smile

Thank you for all the great content. Trying to absorb everything and put it use, learn how it applies to my physiology, and grow as much as possible. Smile
(05-31-2019, 12:38 AM)MeatheadBarbell Wrote: I haven't. I've done some workouts using the DC setup, but never a full blast/cruise cycle. Just found out about you guys within the last month and as I said, it all just made so much sense. I was doing a PPLPPLR split with a ton of volume before but it was really running me down.

I enjoy having a home gym (works great for powerlifting), but it sucks for bodybuilding. My thought process is that the home gym will lend itself better to the heavier compound exercises used in DC plus, the zig-zag setup you outline in FT is really difficult with only one barbell and no machines. The Day 3 and 4 setup is great for a "fun" workout with my wife and it lets me play around with a variety of machines available to me in a commercial gym (Planet Fitness isn't optimal, but they actually have a decent selection of machines and aren't super crowded all the time... none-the-less, might talk my wife into getting a Gold's membership after her PF membership expires lol.). I'm open to suggestions if you think I could be doing it better Smile

Thank you for all the great content. Trying to absorb everything and put it use, learn how it applies to my physiology, and grow as much as possible. Smile

You're welcome!

Sounds like a very solid plan given you equipment and situation. That Gold's membership might be nice down the road, I'm betting.

Watch out for the planet fitness pizza!!! LOL Smile

-S
-Scott

Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing incredibly well wherever you are in the world! My name is Brady, I'm a Coach out of Melbourne, Australia and have been training for the past 10 years and Coaching the last 4.

I've been a long time listener and learner of Dr. Scott's, love both applications and progressions i've been able to make in my own training as well as those I coach from what I've learnt via FT and all of Scott's lectures, podcasts etc.

I'm a competitive powerlifter having done 3 sanctioned GPC meets and I will be competing in my first IFBB comp in March 2021 to achieve my inner meathead/bodybuilder goals. Through powerlifting I've been fulfilling my competitive nature while always pushing for growth and body comp proportions for stage.

I'm beyond keen to help contribute, learn, support and love as much as I can here and really looking forward to the time ahead!