Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the correct structure for FT Tier 3?
Hi guys or Dr Stevenson, I want to get back on the FT training program, last time I did it wrong due to I didnt rotate the exercises like week A, week B, week C.

This is what Ive got for Day 1 on Week 1.

Code:
BACK SQUATS 6 - 12 reps (rest 2 min)
LEG EXTENSIONS 6 - 12 reps (rest 2 min)
BACK SQUATS 6 - 12 reps (rest 2 min)
LEG CURLS 6 - 12 reps (rest 2 min)
BACK SQUATS 6 - 12 reps to failure (rest as needed)
STRETCH QUADS AND HAMS
Adductors 1 rep multi-point failure (rest as needed)
STRETCH ADDUCTORS
Seated Calfs  6 - 12 reps (rest 1 min)
Standing Calfs 6 - 12 reps (rest 1 min)
Calf Machine Press  6 - 12 reps (rest 1 min)
Donkey Calfs  6 - 12 reps (rest 1 min)
Seated Calfs  6 - 12 reps (rest 1 min)
STRECH CALFS (rest as needed)

PECK DECK + LAT PULLDOWN PUMP SET (ex. 5 IN THE HOLE) (rest 1 min after superset)
MACHINE DIPS + MACHINE ROW PUMP SET (ex. Iso holds) (rest 1 min after superset)
STRETCH CHEST AND BACK
LATERAL DB RAISES PUMP SET + LEG RAISES 15-25 REPS (rest 1 min after superset)
REAR DELT DB RAISES PUMP SET + LYING LEG RAISES 15-25 REPS (rest 1 min after superset)
STRETCH SHOULDERS AND DO AB VACUUMS (?)
BB BICEP CURL + SKULLCRUSHERS PUMP SET (rest 1 min after superset)
DB HAMMER CURL + TRICEP PUSH DOWN PUMP SET (rest 1 min after superset)
STRETCH BICEPS AND TRICEPS

On day 2 for leg pumpsets ill probably do this:
Code:
hack squats
sissy squats for quads iso
seated calfs
hack squats
stiff leg deadlift
standing calfs
1 min rest in between exercises done from top to bottom

And the MR days are pretty straight foward.

My last question is the rotation, do I do a 3 week rotation? Like Week A back squats, Week B Hack Squats, Week C Leg Press? Then back to Week A.

Thanks, will appreciate input.
Mostly looks spot on. A few minor things.

- I don't think you need to zig-zag calves. I could be wrong on this, but I've always just done one machine for as many sets as prescribed for the tier.
- You are missing a shoulder and ab pump set if you are doing tier 3. There are three of them. (not sure about the vacuums)
- You need to super set your leg pump sets, there is not a minute of rest between each. Do it that way and you miss all the tortuous fun! PPP The minute of rest comes between your 1st calve pump set, and your 2nd round of thigh pump sets. (so as you have it, between seated calves and 2nd set of hack squats).
- Just a suggestion, but try not to plan or micromanage your pump sets. This comes with time, but by nature they should be auto-regulated each training session by how you are feeling and what you think needs the most attention. I personally struggle with this myself.
- You rotate ALL loading sets A,B,C style. So not only a different thigh lift, but different quad and hamstring isolation lifts as well. (this goes as well for upper loading as well) But the sequence you laid out looks good (as long as you feel those 3 lifts builds your thighs the best)
(03-21-2017, 09:06 PM)Altamir Wrote: Mostly looks spot on. A few minor things.

- I don't think you need to zig-zag calves. I could be wrong on this, but I've always just done one machine for as many sets as prescribed for the tier.
- You are missing a shoulder and ab pump set if you are doing tier 3. There are three of them. (not sure about the vacuums)
- You need to super set your leg pump sets, there is not a minute of rest between each. Do it that way and you miss all the tortuous fun! PPP The minute of rest comes between your 1st calve pump set, and your 2nd round of thigh pump sets. (so as you have it, between seated calves and 2nd set of hack squats).
- Just a suggestion, but try not to plan or micromanage your pump sets. This comes with time, but by nature they should be auto-regulated each training session by how you are feeling and what you think needs the most attention. I personally struggle with this myself.
- You rotate ALL loading sets A,B,C style. So not only a different thigh lift, but different quad and hamstring isolation lifts as well. (this goes as well for upper loading as well) But the sequence you laid out looks good (as long as you feel those 3 lifts builds your thighs the best)

As usual, thank you for a great answer, Altamir.

To add to this:

- No, you'll not zig-zag calf movements, especially not in this fashion (4 different exercises). Firstly, you'd be hard pressed to be able to take over 4 machines at once. Plus, monitoring progression would be a pain in the ass. Simply pick one exercise for that days' loading sets and us it for all the sets. Smile

– As far as the vacuums, this actually is something I have folks do in lieu of an ab stretch, and most often simply do a Front relaxed pose (with or without vacuum) for a minute. This is not to say that flexibility in spinal extension isn't a good thing to have (from an ab stretch), but mostly folks need more ab control (keeping he abs flat / or vacuumed if that's a goal). After doing abs, or, especially ab/ shoulder Pump sets, holding a front relaxed is difficult, so as long as the execution is good, this is a great time to practice posing...

Doing this (with a mirror for feedback, but reducing this by closing the eyes) is a great way to make holding this position on stage a relative breeze. If you can, after just doing Pump sets for abs and delts, hold that front relaxed while the delts are already on fire and keep the abs tight when breathing like a locomotive (and the abs are fatigued) - for a solid timed minute - then maintaining this on stage, even at the end of a round of mandatory poses, will be a breeze.

THIS is where a physique can shine when the judges have a close call. The guy (or woman) who looks good and fresh, showing his / her physique in the best light at this point, compared to a competitor with a very comparable physique, but who can't show it due to fatigue, will come out on top. Beyond simply presentation, in the mind of judges (esp. those who have been competitors) this shows that you've put in some work with your posing, are in shape to do so and care about presentation, which can make them favor you over the competitors who apparently have not done so.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-21-2017, 11:31 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: As usual, thank you for a great answer, Altamir.

To add to this:

- No, you'll not zig-zag calf movements, especially not in this fashion (4 different exercises). Firstly, you'd be hard pressed to be able to take over 4 machines at once. Plus, monitoring progression would be a pain in the ass. Simply pick one exercise for that days' loading sets and us it for all the sets. Smile

– As far as the vacuums, this actually is something I have folks do in lieu of an ab stretch, and most often simply do a Front relaxed pose (with or without vacuum) for a minute. This is not to say that flexibility in spinal extension isn't a good thing to have (from an ab stretch), but mostly folks need more ab control (keeping he abs flat / or vacuumed if that's a goal). After doing abs, or, especially ab/ shoulder Pump sets, holding a front relaxed is difficult, so as long as the execution is good, this is a great time to practice posing...

Doing this (with a mirror for feedback, but reducing this by closing the eyes) is a great way to make holding this position on stage a relative breeze. If you can, after just doing Pump sets for abs and delts, hold that front relaxed while the delts are already on fire and keep the abs tight when breathing like a locomotive (and the abs are fatigued) - for a solid timed minute - then maintaining this on stage, even at the end of a round of mandatory poses, will be a breeze.

THIS is where a physique can shine when the judges have a close call. The guy (or woman) who looks good and fresh, showing his / her physique in the best light at this point, compared to a competitor with a very comparable physique, but who can't show it due to fatigue, will come out on top. Beyond simply presentation, in the mind of judges (esp. those who have been competitors) this shows that you've put in some work with your posing, are in shape to do so and care about presentation, which can make them favor you over the competitors who apparently have not done so.

-S

Thank you both for your replies.

Oki dokie, so Ill just choose one calf exersize for day 1, another for day 2 and another for day 3 on the MR's.

Yes I didnt add any rest values at all in my leg pump exersizes.

And well Im 4 weeks out at the moment so thats great advice Scott.

Also what cardio for prepping to you recommend while on TIER 3?
And do you recommend some sort of cardio when not prepping? Id like to stay in shape this year, gaining at the MOST 5 kilos, I want to try and gain LEAN Muscle.

What the point Bulking from 80 to 94 kilos, then coming back down to 82k, Its just too much suffering.

My diet this year hasnt been on point, there are TOO many diet structures, dont know which to follow...
(03-25-2017, 07:14 PM)Junior V Wrote: Thank you both for your replies.

Oki dokie, so Ill just choose one calf exersize for day 1, another for day 2 and another for day 3 on the MR's.

Yes I didnt add any rest values at all in my leg pump exersizes.

And well Im 4 weeks out at the moment so thats great advice Scott

You're welcome.

Well, you probably won't like this last piece of "advice." Smile

I'd not overhaul your training just going into prep, not to mention at the ~1 month out point. This leaves you with too much to juggle when you're at risk of losing muscle d/t the low caloric intake, not to mention at higher risk of injury in trying out new training techniques.

Quote:Also what cardio for prepping to you recommend while on TIER 3?

Search around on r.e. my thoughts on cardio. Given I'm not even thinking the doing FT at all at this point, I don't want to get into the notions of cardio.

Generally, do as little as possible but as needed to get the job done of getting in shape.

Quote:And do you recommend some sort of cardio when not prepping? Id like to stay in shape this year, gaining at the MOST 5 kilos, I want to try and gain LEAN Muscle.

Cardio in the Off-Season: Blasphemy, Beneficial or Badass

(Part 1)
http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...or-badass/

Cardio in the Off-Season: Make Up Your Mind (Part 2) 

http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...your-mind/

Quote:What the point Bulking from 80 to 94 kilos, then coming back down to 82k, Its just too much suffering.

My diet this year hasnt been on point, there are TOO many diet structures, dont know which to follow...

You'll have to pick a particular strategy and use it for a long period of time, long enough to see how it affects your body composition. I prefer focusing kcal in the peri-workout period when gaining, and adding more thereafter to other meals based on one's appetite / fullness.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-25-2017, 10:04 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You're welcome.

Well, you probably won't like this last piece of "advice." Smile

I'd not overhaul your training just going into prep, not to mention at the ~1 month out point. This leaves you with too much to juggle when you're at risk of losing muscle d/t the low caloric intake, not to mention at higher risk of injury in trying out new training techniques.

Search around on r.e. my thoughts on cardio. Given I'm not even thinking the doing FT at all at this point, I don't want to get into the notions of cardio.

Generally, do as little as possible but as needed to get the job done of getting in shape.

Cardio in the Off-Season: Blasphemy, Beneficial or Badass

(Part 1)
http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...or-badass/

Cardio in the Off-Season: Make Up Your Mind (Part 2) 

http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...your-mind/

You'll have to pick a particular strategy and use it for a long period of time, long enough to see how it affects your body composition. I prefer focusing kcal in the peri-workout period when gaining, and adding more thereafter to other meals based on one's appetite / fullness.

-S

Very good article Scott. Thanks. Helps me a lot at the moment being on the fence on doing my cardio. Last bulk I didn't do any in the last 6 week and still managed to stay at 11% bf.

Got bf checked and weighed in 4 pounds heavier from last week. Still did cardio. The shit to it was when it broke down my gains they weren't so good. 1 lb water. 1 lb muscle. And 2 lbs fat!! So from 8% to 9%. Not a good week of gains. Is it possible to stay that low of fat and grow. Im guessing u are going to say yes.

I'm going to drop cardio this week and drop calories from 5000 to 4500 on training day. (Body weight of 209. ) rest days I'll go down to 3300. Check it next week and hope for a better result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for the links. Ill give them a read now.

About my traning, I aint doing any heavy traning right now. Im doing upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body, rest. And throughout the week I focus more workload on a specific big muscle group depending on the day.
Still instense, but traning with focus to not injuring myself lol. Im always prone to injuries so I like to be careful.

Normally when bulking I eat clean, but eat carbs all day. And a lot of them.
In 2015 my bulking calories where 5000kcal, got quite fat lmao.
So In 2016 my bulking calories where 4000kcal, didnt get as fat but still gianed around 12 kilos and ive already cut off 8 of those, and still 4 weeks to go lol.
In 2017 after my comp, I plan to try to add muscle but at the same time remain pretty lean so my cals are going to be around 3000kcal, but allowing myself to have a bit more freedom on the meals I eat (example, instead of calculating 100% exact the calories of minced beef and such, Ill just estimate how much meat I will use for a cottage pie for instance, a lot tastier ha)

But normally when bulking I feel FULL all day, never have an appetite, I just saturate myself and up and till recently I didnt really know that wasnt necesarry, so this yeay big changes in my eating habits for growing.
(03-26-2017, 10:17 AM)Powerof2 Wrote: Very good article Scott. Thanks. Helps me a lot at the moment being on the fence on doing my cardio. Last bulk I didn't do any in the last 6 week and still managed to stay at 11% bf.

Got bf checked and weighed in 4 pounds heavier from last week. Still did cardio. The shit to it was when it broke down my gains they weren't so good. 1 lb water. 1 lb muscle. And 2 lbs fat!! So from 8% to 9%. Not a good week of gains. Is it possible to stay that low of fat and grow. Im guessing u are going to say yes.

I'm going to drop cardio this week and drop calories from 5000 to 4500 on training day. (Body weight of 209. ) rest days I'll go down to 3300. Check it next week and hope for a better result

If you're using some form of BIA (skin electrodes) to estimate body composition (I presume from the estimate of water gains), then I'd not overthink this. Water can vary dramatically from day to day and the precision of those BIA measurements, not to mention validity, can be a bit iffy. (Those companies don't often make their foundational science public knowledge.)

-S
-Scott

(03-26-2017, 07:10 PM)Junior V Wrote: Cheers for the links. Ill give them a read now.

About my traning, I aint doing any heavy traning right now. Im doing upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body, rest. And throughout the week I focus more workload on a specific big muscle group depending on the day.
Still instense, but traning with focus to not injuring myself lol. Im always prone to injuries so I like to be careful.

Normally when bulking I eat clean, but eat carbs all day. And a lot of them.
In 2015 my bulking calories where 5000kcal, got quite fat lmao.
So In 2016 my bulking calories where 4000kcal, didnt get as fat but still gianed around 12 kilos and ive already cut off 8 of those, and still 4 weeks to go lol.
In 2017 after my comp, I plan to try to add muscle but at the same time remain pretty lean so my cals are going to be around 3000kcal, but allowing myself to have a bit more freedom on the meals I eat (example, instead of calculating 100% exact the calories of minced beef and such, Ill just estimate how much meat I will use for a cottage pie for instance, a lot tastier ha)

But normally when bulking I feel FULL all day, never have an appetite, I just saturate myself and up and till recently I didnt really know that wasnt necesarry, so this yeay big changes in my eating habits for growing.

IMO, you're making a conceptual error here in thinking that bulking / gaining muscle occurs with a specific formulaic, static caloric excess.

Just as the body's in a state of dynamic homeostasis, the food requirement to produce muscle gain will change depending on what state your body is in. When lean, post contenst, 3500kcal / day might produce weight gain, whereas 5 month later, when heavier, you might need to take in 5500kcal to produce the same rate of weight gain.

So, your off-season diet would thus be adjusted dynamically in response to how your body is changing. Smile

-S
-Scott

(03-26-2017, 11:23 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: If you're using some form of BIA (skin electrodes) to estimate body composition (I presume from the estimate of water gains), then I'd not overthink this. Water can vary dramatically from day to day and the precision of those BIA measurements, not to mention validity, can be a bit iffy. (Those companies don't often make their foundational science public knowledge.)

-S

I would guess that's what it is. [Image: 141db6a632ad47478b6779c446b97f2d.jpg]

This was from 3 weeks ago. That's good new then. Yes I was was freaking out a bit. The games we allow or minds to play on us. Thanks brother