Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(12-31-2018, 12:20 AM)dbratanov Wrote: Doc. I like it very much! I did 5 weeks blast tier 1 and ⅓ cruise. Tomorrow is my first lower body load so we will se how's the squat gonna end up. Strength is going very well on all lifts progression is good. Ive been using a log book since 3 years. I used Dantes regiment for some time but i found yours to be better for me. I still have issues with my food cuz the training is insane and i work as a mechanic i do need a lot of calories. For the food part i use your approach i still experiment with it for now i can share my food plan if your interested. Smile

D. Bratanov

That's great to hear, man! DC training is phenomenal, but everyone's needs are different.

I'm sure people would be interested to know how you're eating, as that's a common question I get (and is posted here). (You could start another thread if you like.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(12-31-2018, 10:36 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That's great to hear, man! DC training is phenomenal, but everyone's needs are different.

I'm sure people would be interested to know how you're eating, as that's a common question I get (and is posted here). (You could start another thread if you like.)

-S

Firstly Happy new year! with wishes for prosperity, happiness and health overall. And secondly sure thing Doc! I loud love to get people's opinions, after all were here to improve, build a strong physique. I'm very happy to be, a part of your community!

Изпратено от моят EML-L29 с помощта на Tapatalk
Hi every one, my name is Andy, I don’t compete, I just train for fun, found out about Fortitude Training and dr Scott from the trained by Jp site, after reading the forums and jp’s testimonials regarding dr Scott I just had to buy the book and see what it’s all about, looking forward to getting stuck in
Having trouble figuring out where to post this so I'll ask here.
Dr. Stevenson, i was listening to episode 22 of muscle minds (about 45 minutes in) and you were describing how by running a trt dose of test to "check the sexual function box" while running high doses of other compounds can lead to potential androgen receptor competion, especially with something that has a higher receptor binding affinity than test.
While perusing the boards i wound up discussing this with someone who stated that they had info suggesting an increase in availible androgen receptors in response to higher androgen levels.
Would you be willing to direct me to some reference material i could read on the subject?
Additionally, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
(01-15-2019, 07:20 PM)Andyjf1 Wrote: Hi every one, my name is Andy, I don’t compete, I just train for fun, found out about Fortitude Training and dr Scott from the trained by Jp site, after reading the forums and jp’s testimonials regarding dr Scott I just had to buy the book and see what it’s all about, looking forward to getting stuck in

Good to have you here, Andy! (Sorry I missed this previously!)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-27-2019, 04:31 AM)Bagelninja Wrote: Having trouble figuring out where to post this so I'll ask here.
Dr. Stevenson, i was listening to episode 22 of muscle minds (about 45 minutes in) and you were describing how by running a trt dose of test to "check the sexual function box" while running high doses of other compounds can lead to potential androgen receptor competion, especially with something that has a higher receptor binding affinity than test.
While perusing the boards i wound up discussing this with someone who stated that they had info suggesting an increase in availible androgen receptors in response to higher androgen levels.
Would you be willing to direct me to some reference material i could read on the subject?
Additionally, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Hey Bud!

So, I don't really do drug talk here as AAS are illegal where I am, but discussion of TRT would be a medical issue.

Still, you're asking a question about pharmacology, so this would go in the Western and Conventional Medicine Forum: Integrative Bodybuilding - Conventional & Western Medicine (including Preventative)

The place to start looking for more on androgen receptor up regulation would be in google.scholar.com or http://www.pubmed.com

Google Scholar

You'll find some interesting stuff there showing indeed that higher androgen levels tends to UPREGULATE the androgen receptor. If you listen to the show, you'll hear me talk about the megalin receptor, which binds the combination of SHBG plus Androgen (or other steroid hormone). Chances are, there is something going on here to coordinate the signaling of the AR and megalin receptor (which is not typically considered in the grand picture of androgen action).

If we think simplistically about androgen action being mediated by androgen receptor density - more AR --> more androgen actions - then this up regulation phenomenon does not fit with the law of diminishing returns which would suggest that there is some plateau of the effect of increasing androgen levels as doses are increased. If AR levels simply increased and all other signaling were the same (same signal "strength" / androgen receptor) then more androgens would create an exponential increase in AR signaling and side effect and muscle growth would increase exponentially with increasing Androgen levels.

Guys on super high doses would be tremendously hairy (but often bald) superhuman, debilitatingly muscular monsters with enormous, tumorous hyperplastic prostate glands. Sad Barring some AR signaling defect, everyone could conceivably become a "hyper responder" to gear if only the doses were high enough.

But that doesn't happen, as there is downstream signaling (events after steroid binding and AR receptor dimerization in the nucleus) that can modify action, extranuclear receptors to consider, the megalin receptor (and a sink for binding free androgen to both SHBG and serum albumin), interaction with glucocorticoid (and estrogen and progestin) signaling, etc.

-S
-Scott

Hello even if it's a girl, I want to compete here in Spain in bodybuilding. Also to clarify that I work in the medicine and I have a lot of knowledge of the biological products for it I take certain medicines that help me to render in the gym.

Thanks!!
Just got the ft book and hoping this will get me out of my major sticking point. I ve been stuck at 188 pounds of lean muscle for a few years and not been able to brake out. My off season weights 240 so a bit fat so aim is drop and gain at same time.
(03-20-2019, 05:18 AM)Zanny71 Wrote: Just got the ft book and hoping this will get me out of my major sticking point. I ve been stuck at 188 pounds of lean muscle for a few years and not been able to brake out. My off season weights 240 so a bit fat so aim is drop and gain at same time.

Welcome, Zanny!

If you get stronger, you'll more than likely gain some muscle mass!!!

-S
-Scott

Good Morning everyone I'm Alex 42 years old dad of 2 and a Firefighter in Yorkshire in the UK.
I've trained all my life but never really made any serious progress and always moved from 1 program to the next, and after reading and researching like we all do I'm guessing , I eventually found Dr Scott and Fortitude training.
Again probably like a few on here thought I knew best and tried to change the Fortitude training program to what I thought looked better ,after some great feedback from Dr Scott on my questions I'm going to start at the beginning like Dr Scott keeps recommending I cant wait to get started and will keep posting on here.

Cheers Almo